Re: Executable Files

  • phyrfox
    Message 1 of 478 , Sep 2, 2001
      The full path-name is provided in memory by the
      OS. This is the reason why path names can not exceed
      64 characters in length (8.3 format) --LFN shares
      this restriction based on the 8.3 translated name (for
      compatibility). The program merely reads this buffer to determine
      it's physical location. Several sites have this
      information available in several languages. Also note that
      this memeory buffer is DOS specific-- Linux and others
      use different schemes. Finally, C/C++ and other
      languages usually have a function function to call the OS
      and ask where it was loaded from.
    • ajoyia
      Message 478 of 478 , Apr 6 9:47 AM
        AOA
        for writing a tsr program you should be very clear about the intrupt
        hooks
        b/c
        when we make and application which can stay resident in memory so we
        are reponsible for allocating CPU to that job .that we use intrupt
        hooks
        .we hack and intrupt which operating system use frequently.
        at this time i am in hurry i will mail you soon about this all stuff
        any Question then send messege .
        Asif