Re: Running a .com programme in a window

  • plane_flying_east
    Message 1 of 478 , Apr 1 10:38 AM
      > Can any one tell me the likely
      reason<br>> why some .com programmes will not run<br>> in
      an msdos window (using windows 98)<br>> but will
      always revert to full screen.<br>> The programmes in
      question are running<br>> in graphics mode 013h. Is
      there any way<br>> to change this and force them to
      graphics mode change that it changes the entire screen.
      The graphics card isn't able to just change the mode
      of part of the screen.<br><br>If you want your
      program to run in a window you can do that either of two
      ways. Either make a shortcut to that program and in the
      screen tab tell it to run windowed. Or when it runs, hit
      ALT-ENTER and it'll shrink into a DOS window.<br><br>The
      problem with this is that the screen stays in whatever
      mode Windows puts it in and mode 13h is no longer
      available to your program. To accomodate that, Windows will
      simulate Mode 13h in software. In some cases that won't
      matter but graphic programs will run a LOT slower that
      way. It depends on what you need from the program if
      this is a workable solution.<br><br>Barry
    • ajoyia
      Message 478 of 478 , Apr 6 9:47 AM
        AOA
        for writing a tsr program you should be very clear about the intrupt
        hooks
        b/c
        when we make and application which can stay resident in memory so we
        are reponsible for allocating CPU to that job .that we use intrupt
        hooks
        .we hack and intrupt which operating system use frequently.
        at this time i am in hurry i will mail you soon about this all stuff
        any Question then send messege .
        Asif