Simply reading from a logfile

  • qwerty3020
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2004
      Hello everyone,

      I'm trying to use ASP for the first time, and I'm struggling a bit
      (a bit, yeah, that's an understatement).

      All I need to do is to READ a notepad (txt) file for the information
      in it, and display that information straight to a web page. The
      data would be in the ASCII format::

      TIME,THURSDAY,FRIDAY,SATURDAY
      5:00,Jim,Todd,Tammy
      5:30,Jim,,
      6:00,Tammy,Jim,
      6:30,,,Todd

      and would display on the web page in a similiar format, except in a
      table/grid:

      | Time | Thursday | Friday | Saturday |
      | 5:00 | Jim | Todd | Tammy |
      | 5:30 | Jim | | |
      | 6:00 | Tammy | Jim | |
      | 6:30 | | | Todd |

      I've not done this before, and the website I'm using doesn't allow
      Microsoft Databases (Access), so I'm having to use this approach.
      Has anyone done this, or can someone point me to a website with some
      nice, simple instructions on how to do this? I want to be able to
      click on the words "ChartOne" on one page, read the txt file, and
      display a second page with the information shown above.

      Thanks!
      - Martin