ASTER Global Digital Elevation Model (GDEM)

  • Shaan W.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2009
      Greetings to you all,

      Those who are looking for higher resolution DEM, I have a very good news to convey!

      Now, NASA/METI has released the 30m global (83°N and 83°S and is composed of 22,600 1°-by-1° tiles) ASTER GDEM based on 1,264,118 single ASTER dems from 1.4 million scenes in total. 95% vertical ci: 20 meters, 95% horizontal ci: 30 meters)

      ASTER GDEM tiles can be downloaded electronically from ERSDAC by visiting the link below: This web-based search system has 4 methods for tile selection. You can select tiles with one of the following methods...

      • Select tiles directly
      • Select tiles by polygon
      • Select tiles by shapefile
      • Select tiles by coordinates

      Thanks for your time!

      Sincerely,
      The Publisher,
      http://free-gis-data.blogspot.com

      Note: This site will be updated with more and more free GIS stuff daily, so please keep visiting in future!