Graduate Student/Research Assistant

  • Sandra Hunkele
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2008
      University of Oregon – Department of Geography
      Graduate Student/Research Assistant

      We are seeking graduate student applicants for our graduate program, beginning Fall term 2008.  We are interested in recruiting a Graduate Research Assistant to assist on a federally-funded project focusing on spatial cognition, map use, and navigation in both sighted and blind/low vision populations.  The applicant must be accepted to the department graduate program.

      Participation in the project will lead to knowledge and experience in developing and assessing instrumentation (including analysis of the reliability and validity of the instrument), developing and conducting human behavioral experiments, analyzing results, developing and conducting fMRI instruments and experiments, and analyzing fMRI data.

      The student applicant does not need any previous experience with fMRI methods or experimentation.  Though, we are particularly interested in graduate students with academic interests in human/behavioral geography, experimental methods, and instrument design (including the use of software such as Adobe Flash as an instrument delivery method).

      The Graduate Program online application deadline is February 1, 2008.  Applicants should submit their departmental application as well as contact Professor Amy Lobben, Department of Geography - University of Oregon, 541-346-4566, lobben@...