aspartame doggerel has a fan on alt.support.diabetes, so here's more...: Rich Murray 2009.05.30

  • Rich Murray
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2009
      http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2009_05_01_archive.htm
      Saturday, May 29, 2009
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1574

      Aspartame
      does cause pain
      with no gain.

      Some maintain
      it to blaim,
      so complain.

      Some maintain
      not the same
      ills have fame.

      Each not same --
      entertain
      complex game.

      It is sane
      not to blaim
      facts untame.

      Not the same
      type of stain,
      very plain.

      Do not deign
      just to blaim
      victim's pain --
      they don't feign,
      in the main,
      they be maim,
      gamely lame,
      seem insane,
      torn membrane,
      burning vein,
      poor sad brain,
      spinning vane,
      mad as Cain,
      like cocaine,
      as tears rain,
      relief vain,
      hope does wane.

      Heinous bane,
      a cruel reign,
      with the name,
      Aspartame.

      http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2009_05_01_archive.htm
      Tuesday, May 12, 2009
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1572

      "Of course, everyone chooses, as a natural priority, to enjoy
      peace, joy, and love by helping to find, quickly share, and positively
      act upon evidence about healthy and safe food, drink, and
      environment."

      Rich Murray, MA Room For All rmforall@...
      505-501-2298 1943 Otowi Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505

      http://RMForAll.blogspot.com new primary archive

      group with 140 members, 1,574 posts in a public archive

      group with 1199 members, 23,493 posts in a public archive

      Newsgroups: alt.support.diabetes, alt.support.diabetes.uk,
      misc.health.diabetes
      From: Alan Mackenzie <a...@...>
      Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 12:01:45 +0000 (UTC)
      Subject: Re: re huge reduction in preterm births: folic acid prevents harm
      from formaldehyde and formic acid made by body from methanol in alcohol
      drinks and aspartame, BM Kapur, DC Lehotay, PL Carlen at U. Toronto, Alc
      Clin Exp Res 2007 Dec: Rich Murray 2009

      [ snip ~1000 lines ]

      Rich, get real, will you? This newsgroup is for discussion of DIABETES,
      in any of its variants. The effect of folic acid on births has nothing
      to do with diabetes, except in so far as everything has some effect on
      everything else.

      Just as importantly, NOBODY is going to be reading a 1000 line post.
      Even if your post were relevant, stylishly written, and interesting,
      still nobody would read it. They'd get to, perhaps, line 100, then stop
      to attend to their other things, or go to bed. As it was, my hands got
      tired holding Ctrl-K long enough to delete these many hundred lines.

      Please don't burden these newsgroups (or any other) with these mammoth
      posts.

      Thanks!
      Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

      From: "Julie Bove" <julieb...@...>
      Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 09:05:01 -0700

      Hope you don't get your e-mail flooded like I did some years ago.
      Best to just killfile him because he won't go away.

      [ Rich Murray: For what my testimony is worth to you,
      someone unknown dumped a virus on the members
      of alt.support.diabetes that I had just emailed directly and publicly,
      repeating my post over and over as if I was the sender.
      Never in my ten years as an aspartame toxicity information
      activist have I done any internet crime.
      I am unfailingly polite, attentive, and careful.
      What sense would there be in alienating the very people
      that need the documented information I provide?
      Why would I undermine my own reputation, the only asset I have?

      My posts are long, because each has to carry a lot of supporting
      documentation from mainstream research, aimed at the minority
      of readers who have evolved the academic skills to enjoy rapidly
      assimilating copious, dull details.
      I have to meet the challenge of persuading key citizens
      who are ten to a hundred times faster and more educated
      and experienced than I am.
      Google picks up on all these details in my many long posts,
      and so refers them to anyone who searches the deails.
      The industry for almost four decades has persistently and brilliantly
      flooded the mainstream journals and media with biased "research" --
      just as have the tobacco, alcohol, and lead industries. ]

      From: Alan Mackenzie <a...@...>
      Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 10:28:27 +0000 (UTC)

      That's not entirely fair. I had a courteous email conversation with Rich
      a few years back. He's not a bad guy. Anybody who can write this can't
      be all bad:

      a giraffe
      on a raft
      tiny craft
      must be daft
      and aghast
      better laugh
      not a gaffe

      not to grind
      gears of mind
      is sublime
      why be blind
      try to bind
      hide behind
      bitter rind
      we can climb
      the incline
      on a dime
      for the line
      in the mine
      pays this time
      ninety nine
      we opine
      and we pine
      better rhyme
      than sling slime
      we can whine
      or recline
      my enzyme
      fot the mind
      just remind
      mighty fine

      (Subject: Re: yet three more stevia abstracts: ......
      Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:06:21 -0600

      Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

      From: "Robert Miles" <robertmi...@...>
      Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 16:53:08 -0500

      Then, I might mention that I've seen some articles mentioning that some
      people seem to have problems with the conversion pathway from folic
      acid to the form actually used. One step leads to folinic acid, which
      happens to be available as a supplement those people can use instead
      of folic acid. Another step leads to the only form that can cross the
      blood-brain barrier, and is therefore the only form the brain can use.
      This form has a name so long I haven't gotten around to checking
      whether it is available as a supplement.

      Could Rich Murray consider the possibility that people with problems
      in these conversion steps might be the only ones who need to worry
      about the products of normal amounts of aspartame? I haven't found
      anything yet to say whether this is true or not.

      Robert Miles

      aspartame, caffeine, MSG, alcohol may cause migraine headaches,
      C Sun-Edelstein, A Mauskop, The New York Headache Center,
      Clin J Pain 2009 June: Rich Murray 2009.05.25
      http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2009_05_01_archive.htm
      Monday, May 25, 2009
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1573