Welcome

  • Aspartame Group
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 1999
      Welcome to The Aspartame Email Group:

      We are a very small group at this time however I do look for us to grow in
      time as this killer toxic additive is exposed for what it really is. We
      are only 5 members at this time however, I thought I would share some links
      with you that will get you started in finding out how deadly this stuff
      really is.

      Let me give you a little background on myself. My name is Linda Solomon
      and I have Fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed with this disease in July of
      1996. However, way back in 1992 I came down with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
      I have been a Diet Soda drinker since I was 25 years old. That makes me
      an addict to these chemicals for over 30 years. In 1993, I had heard about
      Aspartame and NutraSweet being harmful to your health so I reluctantly
      stopped drinking Diet Pepsi.

      At the same time, a Reflexologist was doing Reflexology to my feet and I am
      not sure which did the trick but my CFS went into remission. I stayed off
      diet drinks for another 2 years. I went back to work after my CFS went
      into remission and, stupidly, started to drink Diet Pepsi again. I again
      became an addict to diet sodas.

      I am not claiming that Aspartame is the cause of my Fibromyalgia because I
      don't have medical proof of this. Very soon I am taking all the
      information I have found in the last week to my doctor and see if there are
      tests that can be run so we can find out. However, I DID quit drinking
      anything with Aspartame in it again. I will NOT go back to it again in the
      future. We will see what the results are.

      I wanted to introduce myself to the List so you can see how this deadly,
      silent killer can possibly effect someone. I would love to hear from any
      of you in the future.

      PLEASE tell all your friends that either ingest Aspartame or friends you
      would like to warn from using Aspartame about this Email List. Please tell
      them how to join this List so we can protect ourselves.

      I have invited some of the researchers to join our List here. In time I do
      hope they will come on board so we can learn more to protect ourselves and
      be as healthy as possible.

      Regards,

      Linda
      List Owner
    • musicalpeacemaker1
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 2008
        Hi! I would like to join your group and also know whether any of you
        would like to start a class action suit against Nutrasweet or the
        aspartame developer, whichever way is best. Generally, I wouldnt sue
        anyone, but I need to recover expenses and help stop the use of the
        sweetner. Its a moral issue for me, since my daughter had seisures
        for 4 years now, agravated by aspartame in her liver. (Formaldihyde
        poisening) At 20, she still isnt able to work many hours a week,
        since her nervous system was affected, and we need more funds to
        continue her treatments. I also have to be available for her as her
        caregiver, since she has tremors when she gets over tired and can
        fall, like she did last year and broke her foot while going to the
        bathroom in the middle of the night. There is no medication she can
        take, since they recalled most of them because they cause depression
        and suicide, they found out. Please email me at
        musicalpeacemaker1@... Thanks! We need all the help we can
        get.

        --- In aspartame@yahoogroups.com, Aspartame Group
        <aspartame@... wrote:

        > Welcome to The Aspartame Email Group:
        >
        > We are a very small group at this time however I do look for us to
        grow in
        > time as this killer toxic additive is exposed for what it really
        is. We
        > are only 5 members at this time however, I thought I would share
        some links
        > with you that will get you started in finding out how deadly this
        stuff
        > really is.
        >
        > Let me give you a little background on myself. My name is Linda
        Solomon
        > and I have Fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed with this disease in July
        of
        > 1996. However, way back in 1992 I came down with Chronic Fatigue
        Syndrome.
        > I have been a Diet Soda drinker since I was 25 years old. That
        makes me
        > an addict to these chemicals for over 30 years. In 1993, I had
        heard about
        > Aspartame and NutraSweet being harmful to your health so I
        reluctantly
        > stopped drinking Diet Pepsi.
        >
        > At the same time, a Reflexologist was doing Reflexology to my feet
        and I am
        > not sure which did the trick but my CFS went into remission. I
        stayed off
        > diet drinks for another 2 years. I went back to work after my CFS
        went
        > into remission and, stupidly, started to drink Diet Pepsi again. I
        again
        > became an addict to diet sodas.
        >
        > I am not claiming that Aspartame is the cause of my Fibromyalgia
        because I
        > don't have medical proof of this. Very soon I am taking all the
        > information I have found in the last week to my doctor and see if
        there are
        > tests that can be run so we can find out. However, I DID quit
        drinking
        > anything with Aspartame in it again. I will NOT go back to it
        again in the
        > future. We will see what the results are.
        >
        > I wanted to introduce myself to the List so you can see how this
        deadly,
        > silent killer can possibly effect someone. I would love to hear
        from any
        > of you in the future.
        >
        > PLEASE tell all your friends that either ingest Aspartame or
        friends you
        > would like to warn from using Aspartame about this Email List.
        Please tell
        > them how to join this List so we can protect ourselves.
        >
        > I have invited some of the researchers to join our List here. In
        time I do
        > hope they will come on board so we can learn more to protect
        ourselves and
        > be as healthy as possible.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Linda
        > List Owner

      • roryrives
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 24, 2008
          You can sign me up...I have very similar problems Linda, also a diet
          soda drinker for many years and just stopped 2 weeks ago. I feel some
          things are getting better but with use for so many years some may be
          permanent. Of course, Docs cannot tell me what has been going on...easy
          to call it depression, anxiety and fibro....

          Thanks,
          Rory