{PROFILE] Shinq-Chern (Sean) Liou

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2002
      Shinq-Chern (Sean) Liou sworn in as Newest member of the president's
      advIsory commission on Asian Americans and pacific Islanders

      WASHINGTON, D.C. - The Honorable Claude A. Allen, Deputy Secretary of
      the Department of Health and Human Services, formally installed Sean
      Liou as the newest member of the President's Advisory Commission on
      Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in Honolulu, Hawaii on October
      11, 2002 prior to the Commission's Pacific Island Town Hall Meeting.
      Others in attendance included Assistant Secretary Michael Liu, US
      Department of Housing and Urban Development, and Deputy Assistant
      Secretary David Cohen, US Department of Interior, Commission Chair
      Dr. John B. Tsu, and members of the President's Advisory Commission.

      "I am truly honored that the President asked me to serve in his
      administration," said Mr. Liou. He continued, "I am excited that the
      Commission has put me right to work by convening this town hall
      meeting following my swearing in.

      Mr. Shinq-Chern (Sean) Liou, of Fremont, California, is currently in
      the insurance and financial services industry. Prior to this, he was
      President and COO of Keylinux, Inc., a global solutions provider of
      enterprise storage networking systems, software and services, and CEO
      of Hi-Tech USA, a leading high volume PC systems integrator and
      provider of Linux solutions, integrated software and services. Sean
      is an active board member of the Silicon Valley Chinese Americans
      Computer Association.

      Mr. Liou received his B.A. degree in Chemistry from the College of
      Education, National Changhua University and his Masters of Science
      degree in Mathematics/Computer from the University of Massachusetts
      at Lowell. Mr. Liou emigrated from Taiwan in 1984 and became a U.S.
      citizen in 1994.

      President George W. Bush issued Executive Order 13216, reauthorizing
      the President's Advisory Commission on AAPIs to advise the President
      on efforts to "improve the quality of life" of thirteen million Asian
      Americans and Pacific Islanders through greater access to federal
      programs and services.

      John Quoc Duong/
      301/443-2492
      Executive Director,