[TV] Eric Kim, VP Current Programming, UPN

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2006
      Eric Kim
      VP current programs, UPN
      http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/film/feature_display.jsp?
      vnu_content_id=1001435530

      -

      Eric Kim / Director, Current Programs
      UPN / 11800 Wilshire Blvd. / Los Angeles, CA 90025
      UPN Phone: 310-575-7000
      http://www.camillemana.com/support.html

      -

      Born: Dec. 18, 1970
      Eric Kim ended up at UPN by chance. After six years working for
      Jonathan Demme's New York-based production company Clinica Estetico,
      Kim realized he needed to leave the East Coast if he really wanted
      to be in the thick of showbiz. Once in the City of Angels, he got
      hired at a temp agency, which sent him to UPN one day by
      mistake. "The head of human resources was a kind lady who took pity
      on me," he says. He was hired as an assistant and has worked his way
      up the ranks.

      Funny Guy: Kim has overseen the day-to-day production on some of
      UPN's longest-running shows, including "Star Trek: Enterprise," but
      his current slate is heavy on comedy: "Cuts," "Eve," "Love, Inc."
      and "One on One." "I don't know if it's a natural affinity or not --
      I do like both (comedy and drama) -- it just happens that I work on
      way more comedies," he says.

      Small-Screen Time: "I think what everyone says about TV is true:
      It's faster and a little bit more rewarding and gratifying," Kim
      says. "But I did love the process of filmmaking; I still draw upon
      the experiences I had in feature film even today."

      Seoul Man: "It's a very simple story," Kim says when asked about
      where he grew up. But the Michigan-born executive has quite a bit of
      world experience. He lived in the U.S. until age 5, when his Korean
      parents moved the family to Seoul. After graduating high school, Kim
      returned to the States to attend the University of Pennsylvania
      before moving to New York to work for Demme and then ending up in
      Los Angeles. So, where does he call home? "My family is in New York
      (now), so New York is home," he says.