Skip to search.

[ONLINE] Yahoo! - Their Ventures in Entertainment

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2004
      ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT AND YAHOO! LAUNCH LONG-TERM RELATIONSHIP

      #1 Entertainment Newsmagazine to Feature Exclusive Content On
      Internet's Leading Entertainment Destination
      http://docs.yahoo.com/docs/pr/release1117.html

      -----------
      Hollywood, CA -- August 25, 2003 -- Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq:YHOO -
      News), a leading global Internet company, and ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT,
      the #1 entertainment newsmagazine in the world, today launched ET on
      Yahoo! Entertainment (http://et.yahoo.com or ETonline.com). ET
      viewers and Yahoo! users will enjoy an exclusive cross-platform
      entertainment experience where they can delve deeper into breaking
      entertainment and celebrity news at this full-featured, one-stop
      entertainment destination. The relationship was jointly announced
      today by Michael Mischler, executive vice president of marketing for
      Paramount Domestic Television, and Jim Moloshok, senior vice
      president of Yahoo!'s media, entertainment, information and finance
      business unit.
      In addition, the relationship will also include at least eight
      yearly mini-destinations focused on major events from the world of
      entertainment, including coverage of the 55th Annual Primetime Emmy
      Awards and ET's Fall TV Preview. The union also reflects the
      increasing importance of the Web to consumers as a form of
      entertainment and in making entertainment decisions, and propels ET
      and Yahoo! Entertainment to the forefront of media convergence.
      According to Nielsen//NetRatings, 102 million people consumed
      entertainment content on the Web in July 2003.

      In making the announcement, Mr. Mischler said, "As the leading
      destination for entertainment-related information on the Web, Yahoo!
      is an ideal partner for ET and for our affiliate stations. In our
      ongoing efforts to expand our online visibility, finding the right
      Internet partner, whose reach equaled the scope of ET viewers, was
      key in targeting Web users with an affinity for entertainment news.
      And with broadband penetration escalating exponentially, ET is ready
      for the future."

      "We are thrilled that ET has recognized Yahoo! as the leading
      information vehicle to target viewers with their content and to
      drive tune-in," added Mr. Moloshok. "As more and more people are
      turning to the Internet as a source for their entertainment news and
      information, this relationship helps meet the growing demand for
      information. In addition, ET on Yahoo! Entertainment is the perfect
      vehicle for advertisers who are interested in reaching a quality
      audience in the best online entertainment environment."

      About Entertainment Tonight
      ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT is a leading, internationally recognized brand
      for entertainment news. Launched in 1981 as a first-run syndicated
      series, ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT is the #1 entertainment newsmagazine
      in the world and consists of ET WEEKEND, the #1 weekly one-hour
      syndicated show; ET on MTV, which ranks among the top three programs
      on the network's Saturday lineup; ET on VH1; occasional primetime
      network specials such as "The Stars' First Time With Mary Hart"
      (CBS) and "Entertainment Tonight Presents: Laverne & Shirley
      Together Again" (ABC); ET Radio Minute, syndicated by Westwood One
      to 7,700 stations nationwide; and ETonline.com. Produced and
      distributed by Paramount Domestic Television, ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT
      is taped in Hollywood, California. Bureaus are located in New York,
      Chicago, Washington D.C., London and Tokyo. Linda Bell Blue is
      executive producer. Paramount Domestic Television is a part of the
      Viacom Entertainment Group, which includes the Paramount Motion
      Picture Group, Paramount Television Production, Paramount Worldwide
      Television Distribution, Paramount Worldwide Pay Television, Simon &
      Schuster and Paramount Enterprises (which is comprised of Paramount
      Parks, Famous Players Inc., Paramount's interest in United Cinemas
      International, Famous Music Publishing, Consumer Products and
      Paramount Digital Entertainment). Viacom Entertainment Group is part
      of the entertainment operations of Viacom Inc., one of the world's
      largest entertainment and media companies, and a leader in the
      production, promotion, and distribution of entertainment, news,
      sports and music.

      About Yahoo! Entertainment
      Consistently ranked among the Web's most popular entertainment
      destinations (Nielsen//NetRatings), Yahoo! Movies, TV and
      Entertainment are the most comprehensive entertainment destinations
      on the Internet, providing fans with TV listings, movie show times
      advanced ticketing, DVD release information, reviews, celebrity
      gossip and previews for all current films and television shows, with
      a database of over 100,000 feature film and television titles.

      About Yahoo!
      Yahoo! Inc. is a leading provider of comprehensive online products
      and services to consumers and businesses worldwide. Yahoo! is the
      No. 1 Internet brand globally and the most trafficked Internet
      destination worldwide. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., Yahoo!'s
      global network includes 25 world properties and is available in 13
      languages.

      Contact:

      YAHOO! ENTERTAINMENT
      Harry Medved, 310-582-7789
      harrym@...
      or
      PARAMOUNT DOMESTIC TELEVISION
      Manfred Westphal/John Wentworth, 323-956-8266
      Manfred_Westphal@...

      ===========

      MULTIMEDIA AVAILABLE: KEVIN SPACEY'S TRIGGERSTREET.COM LAUNCHES NEW
      CONTENT SHOWCASE
      http://docs.yahoo.com/docs/pr/release1040.html

      Online Destination to Feature Early Work from Martin Scorsese,
      Robert Zemeckis, Bill Paxton, Ted Demme and Others; "Mentor"
      Interviews with Mike Myers, Billy Crystal, Sean Penn, Edward Norton,
      Bono and More

      Yahoo! Movies, RealNetworks and Budweiser Join Together As Media and
      Technology Partners and Sponsors of TriggerStreet.com

      -----------

      November 18, 2002 -- Co-founders Kevin Spacey and Dana Brunetti
      today announced that TriggerStreet.com, positioned to become the Web-
      based filmmakers' and screenwriters' community of record by
      showcasing new talent and sharing and critiquing original short
      films, is launching today with an exclusive showcase of short films
      on Yahoo! Movies (movies.yahoo.com). The hosting, streaming and
      encoding services and technology for TriggerStreet.com are provided
      by RealNetworks®, Inc. (Nasdaq: RNWK - News), and users will be able
      to view content within the TriggerStreet.com community via the
      RealOne(TM) Player.

      Budweiser is TriggerStreet.com's presenting sponsor. The Yahoo!
      Movies feature highlights original material by filmmakers before
      they were established within the industry and interviews with
      celebrities including Mike Myers, Sean Penn, Edward Norton, Billy
      Crystal and Bono on mentorship and the people who helped them break
      into the entertainment industry.

      TriggerStreet Productions was formed in 1997 with a mission to
      encourage the creative process of filmmaking and to establish a
      broad platform for undiscovered talent. TriggerStreet is named after
      an actual street in the San Fernando Valley where Spacey grew up and
      dreamed of building a theatre and making movies. The late cowboy
      star Roy Rogers once owned a ranch on the land and named the street
      for his horse Trigger. When Spacey was forming his production
      company, the dreams he had as a teenager were ones he didn't want to
      wander too far from and so TriggerStreet was created.

      "I want to try to do something inspiring and interactive for new
      talent and for the filmmaking community," said Kevin Spacey. "Our
      goal is to give encouragement and visibility to artists who have no
      access to the industry. When I needed help in starting my own
      career, many people gave me encouragement and became my mentors. Now
      I feel that if you have done well in whatever business you are in,
      it is your duty to send the elevator back down and try to help bring
      up the next generation of undiscovered talent."

      TriggerStreet.com gathers filmmakers and film aficionados together
      in the virtual space to ensure that independent and under-financed
      works will find a wider audience. Novice and veteran screenwriters
      are invited to submit screenplays to the Screenplay Forum for review
      by their peers. Also, three times a year, TriggerStreet.com will
      sponsor a Short Film Festival with 10 finalists culled from the top-
      rated short films submitted to the site. Those finalists will be
      judged by entertainment industry leaders including Bono, Mike Myers,
      Tim Burton, Cameron Crowe, Edward Norton, Danny DeVito and many
      others.

      "We are using the Internet for which it was created - a tool to
      communicate," said Dana Brunetti, president and co-founder of
      TriggerStreet.com and TriggerStreet Productions producer. "No longer
      will you need to 'know' somebody to get a foot in Hollywood's door.
      We are offering a chance for exposure and access for filmmakers and
      screenwriters to showcase their talent from anywhere, while at the
      same time giving everyone the ability to view and judge the
      submitted work. It's a chance for the talent and great ideas to be
      discovered by all."

      Yahoo! Movies: Celebrity "Mentor" Interviews and First Films
      Yahoo! Movies, the No. 1 ranked movie site, today launched exclusive
      showcase of material from Mike Myers, Billy Crystal, Sean Penn,
      Edward Norton and Bono on the nature of mentorship, plus early work
      of established filmmakers. Available on Yahoo! Movies
      (http://movies.yahoo.com), the TriggerStreet.com collection
      includes "The Big Shave," a metaphorical 1967 short directed by
      Martin Scorsese; "The Lift," an eerie 1972 USC short directed by
      Robert Zemeckis; "The Bet," a 1992 drama about two New York brothers
      by the late director Ted Demme ("Blow", "Beautiful Girls", "The
      Ref"); "FishHeads," a 1982 musical comedy from actor-director Bill
      Paxton ("Frailty"); "Bobby Silverman: An Actor Prepared," a 1990
      satire of the acting profession by producer Richard Crystal ("Murder
      by Numbers"); and "Headless!," a 1994 black comedy about an
      overzealous professor's perilous adventures in the shrunken head
      trade directed by Larry Guterman ("Cats and Dogs", "Antz") with
      additional short films to follow.

      "We are excited to be working with TriggerStreet.com to host a short
      film showcase and give the millions of aspiring actors, directors
      and movie fans around the world a chance to see how today's big
      names got started," said Jim Moloshok, senior vice president, Yahoo!
      Media, Entertainment, Information and Finance. "As the No. 11 ranked
      movies site on the Web, Yahoo! Movies is focused on offering our
      millions of users a powerful, immersive and entertaining online
      experience online. This showcase gives our community of film
      aficionados access to a unique collection of short films and
      interviews."

      RealNetworks: Cutting Edge Technology to Power TriggerStreet.com
      RealNetworks®, Inc., the recognized leader in digital media
      delivery, is proud to provide the encoding, streaming and hosting
      technology for Kevin Spacey's innovative web initiative,
      TriggerStreet.com. Aspiring filmmakers interested in submitting
      their works for viewing and peer review by the TriggerStreet.com
      community can now use a free version of RealNetworks' Helix™
      Producer to encode their films in RealVideo® 9, a format that offers
      near DVD quality video playback over a cable modem or DSL
      connection. RealNetworks' hosting subsidiary, the Real Broadcast
      Network (RBN), will provide the streaming and hosting services for
      TriggerStreet.com on Helix Universal Servers in both RealMedia and
      QuickTime formats in a seamless fashion, as filmmakers will be able
      to upload their encoded content directly to RBN. In addition,
      RealNetworks has provided filmmakers with authoring information and
      on-line documentation to assist in presenting their films to the
      world. Direct access to a free version of RealOne Player for film
      screening by fans, peers and celebrity judges will also be available
      on the site. RealNetworks' Helix Platform, RealVideo 9 technology,
      and digital rights management software are presently used by the
      leading studios through Movielink.

      "Access to the tools and technology that enable the highest quality
      video playback over the Internet is a must for aspiring filmmakers
      trying to establish themselves within the entertainment industry,"
      said Rob Glaser, Chairman and CEO RealNetworks, Inc. "When Kevin and
      TriggerStreet.com approached us to provide the core technology for
      the site, it was a natural fit, since Real can offer our unmatched
      technical expertise in encoding, serving, and playback, as well as
      the deep commitment to enabling the best and broadest media
      experience via the Internet that is the hallmark of everything we
      do. We are immensely pleased to do our part in helping
      TriggerStreet.com achieve its goal of discovering, mentoring and
      promoting fresh talent in filmmaking."

      Anheuser-Busch: Taking Entertainment To The Next Level
      Anheuser-Busch shares Kevin's vision of helping aspiring filmmakers
      and screenwriters develop their craft. For more than 15 years, A-B
      has seen its Budweiser brand and other company products featured in
      more than 5,000 film and television environments. The company has
      been at the forefront of the entertainment industry and will soon be
      taking its Budweiser's "True" TV ad campaign to a new level with the
      debut of a 7-minute short film on TriggerStreet.com.

      "We are pleased to have an opportunity to work with Kevin Spacey and
      to play an instrumental role in the launch and development of
      TriggerStreet.com," said Tim Schoen, vice president, presence
      marketing, Anheuser-Busch, Inc. "Budweiser continually looks for
      creative ways to reach our core consumers through entertainment,
      most notably demonstrated by our TV commercials and Budweiser.com.
      In addition, we are excited that Budweiser's new short film, 'Best
      Man,' will debut on Triggerstreet.com, and we believe it's a great
      forum for consumers and filmmakers to view our new work."

      About Trigger Street Productions
      Trigger Street Productions was formed in 1997 and has produced the
      1998 production of Eugene O'Neill's "The Iceman Cometh" both at
      London's Old Vic Theatre and on Broadway, where it received 5 Tony
      Award nominations. The first feature produced was "The Big Kahuna"
      written by first time screenwriter Roger Rueff and directed by first
      time director John Swanbeck. Next year Trigger Street will
      release "The United States of Leland" starring Don Cheadle, Ryan
      Gosling and Jena Malone, written and directed by first time
      filmmaker Matthew Ryan Hoge. In addition, the company has produced
      two documentaries: "Uncle Frank," directed by first time filmmaker
      Matthew Ginsburg, which will air on HBO in 2003, and "America
      Rebuilds: A Year At Ground Zero"- a film which chronicled the year-
      long clean up operation at the World Trade Center - aired on PBS,
      and was co-produced by Great Projects. In the coming year Trigger
      Street will produce films with Lions Gate Pictures, Warner Bros.,
      Intermedia Films and MGM Studios.

      About Real Networks
      RealNetworks, Inc., based in Seattle, is the global leader in
      Internet media delivery. It develops and markets software products
      and services designed to enable users of personal computers and
      other consumer electronic devices to send and receive audio, video
      and other multimedia services using the Web. Consumers can access
      and experience audio/video programming and download RealNetworks'
      consumer software on the Internet at http://www.real.com.
      RealNetworks' systems and corporate information is located on the
      Internet at http://www.realnetworks.com.

      About Budweiser
      Budweiser is the world's best-selling beer and is currently
      available in more than 80 countries worldwide. Budweiser is brewed
      by Anheuser-Busch, Inc., the world's largest brewer. Anheuser-Busch,
      Inc., is based in St. Louis, Mo.

      About Yahoo!
      Yahoo! Inc. is a leading provider of comprehensive online products
      and services to consumers and businesses worldwide. Yahoo! reaches
      more than 237 million individuals worldwide each month, and is the
      No. 1 Internet brand globally. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif.,
      Yahoo!'s global network includes 25 World properties and is
      available in 13 languages.

      Contacts:

      TriggerStreet
      Staci Wolfe,
      (323) 939-7535,
      staci_wolfe@...

      Leslie Eisenberg,
      (323) 939-7535,
      leslie_eisenberg@...

      Yahoo! Movies - Sarah Ross,
      (408) 349-5172,
      sross@...

      Harry Medved,
      (310) 582-7789,
      harrym@...

      RealNetworks - Lisa Amore,
      (206) 954-8006,
      lamore@...

      Anheuser-Busch - Bill Etling,
      (314)575-0375,
      bill.etling@...

      =============

      YAHOO! GAMES ANNOUNCES RELATIONSHIPS WITH LEADING VIDEO GAME
      PUBLISHERS: UBI SOFT ENTERTAINMENT AND VIVENDI UNIVERSAL GAMES

      New and Classic Titles to be Distributed Through Yahoo! Games on
      Demand
      http://docs.yahoo.com/docs/pr/release1085.html

      -----------

      Sunnyvale, CA -- May 12, 2003 -- Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq:YHOO - News), a
      leading global Internet company, today announced two new
      relationships with leading video game publishers to distribute new
      and classic titles through Yahoo!® Games on Demand
      (http://gamesondemand.yahoo.com). Through these relationships, hit
      titles such as Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell™, Rayman® 3 Hoodlum Havoc,
      Empire Earth™, Arcanum™ and SWAT™ 3 will be available to consumers
      for direct rental and broadband streaming play.
      This expanding list of publishers and top titles available through
      Yahoo! Games on Demand, further establishes Yahoo! Games as a
      leading online destination offering a variety of game options to a
      diverse audience. With over five billion minutes played in the month
      of April, Yahoo! Games was ranked the most trafficked Internet game
      site by Nielsen//Net Ratings (March 2003).

      "With the addition of these top publishers, we are delivering new
      and exciting game titles to our expanding base of consumers," said
      Dan Hart, general manager, Yahoo! Games. "We are focused on making
      broadband distribution a benefit to both publishers, who seek
      additional means of reaching consumers, and online game players, who
      want easy access to rent and try games before making a retail
      purchase."

      New titles and availability through Yahoo! Games on Demand include:

      Ubi Soft
      A number of games from the Tom Clancy inspired series will be
      available May 11th, including:

      Splinter Cell -- the award winning game offering players a realistic
      world of modern espionage, new levels of stealth action,
      unparalleled immersion in deep environments, and pulse pounding
      encounters.

      Rainbow Six, Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear Black Thorn, and Ghost Recon --
      squad-based tactical shooter games in which players assume control
      of a number of elite special operatives going up against a terrorist
      foe.
      Available later this month:

      Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc -- the latest installation of the wildly
      popular Rayman series, which has sold over 11 million copies. Rayman
      3 Hoodlum Havoc, features psychedelic 3D worlds, heinous hoodlums
      and an irreverent cast of characters with unbelievable powers.
      Vivendi Universal Games
      All available later this quarter:
      Empire Earth™ -- Winner of GameSpy.com's "PC Game of the Year" award
      in 2001, this epic, real time strategy game combines stunning
      technology with intense strategic gameplay in a setting that spans
      human history from the distant past, to the unknown future.

      Arcanum™ -- Winner of Computer Games Magazine's "Best Role-Playing
      Game" award, Arcanum is an imaginative world of ancient runes and
      steamworks, magic and machines, sorcery and science.

      SWAT™ 3 -- Developed hand-in-hand with the Los Angeles Police
      Department SWAT unit, SWAT 3 places you in stunningly realistic Los
      Angeles locations. As the element leader of your SWAT entry team,
      you must defuse potentially deadly situations and preserve the lives
      of the innocent.
      "This new relationship with Yahoo! Games on Demand expands the
      content options for both casual and hard-core gamers alike, and we
      are thrilled to provide them with the highest quality game
      experiences available in titles like Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell and
      Rayman 3," said Jay Cohen, vice president of publishing for Ubi Soft
      Entertainment. "We are looking forward to working with Yahoo! to
      make many of Ubi Soft's award-winning games available online to
      broadband consumers across the country."
      About Yahoo! Games
      Yahoo! Games is a central component to Yahoo!'s overall
      entertainment strategy to be the premier online entertainment
      destination. A leading destination for games and one of the largest
      game communities on the Internet, Yahoo! Games offers more than 50
      free, Java-based games to a worldwide audience of players. In
      addition, Yahoo! Games offers single-player and multi-player games
      and downloadable games and demos. Premium service offerings include
      Yahoo! Games All-Star, providing players with tournaments, game
      leagues and other customized game-play features and Yahoo! Games on
      Demand, delivering the ability to rent and play PC games directly on
      the broadband-connected desktop through a streamed service. Yahoo!
      Games hosts more than five billion minutes of online game-play per
      month and is ranked the No. 1 online games site by
      Nielsen//NetRatings(1).

      • (1) Nielsen//NetRatings MarketView Report, March 2003

      About Yahoo!
      Yahoo! Inc. is a leading provider of comprehensive online products
      and services to consumers and businesses worldwide. Yahoo! is the
      No. 1 Internet brand globally and the most trafficked Internet
      destination worldwide. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., Yahoo!'s
      global network includes 25 world properties and is available in 13
      languages.

      Contact:

      Yahoo! Games
      Chris Homan, 214/782-4356
      choman@...
      or
      Kohnke Communications
      Katie McQuade, 415/777-4000
      katie@...

      ================

      YAHOO! PLATINUM EXPANDS LINE-UP WITH THE ADDITION OF ENTERTAINMENT,
      SPORTS AND NEWS PROGRAMMING FROM SHOWTIME, NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE,
      MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER, BBC AND MORE
      http://docs.yahoo.com/docs/pr/release1082.html

      -----------
      \
      SUNNYVALE, Calif -- April 29, 2003 -- Following the recent launch of
      Yahoo! Platinum (http://platinum.yahoo.com), a premium online video
      and audio service, Yahoo! today announced the addition of a variety
      of new programming available to Yahoo! Platinum subscribers from
      leading entertainment, sports and news providers. Yahoo! Platinum
      programming now includes video and audio content from Showtime, the
      National Hockey League, National Geographic, Major League Soccer,
      and Warren Miller Entertainment. In coming weeks, Yahoo! Platinum
      plans to add content from CNBC, the BBC and more. The new
      programming joins a roster of premier content brands currently
      featured in Yahoo! Platinum including CBS' Survivor Insider, FOX's
      American Idol, ABC News, CBS MarketWatch, and NASCAR.com.
      "We are pleased to announce the expansion of programming from
      leading content providers, delivering more of the entertainment,
      sports and news that our Yahoo! Platinum subscribers have shown they
      want," said Jim Moloshok, senior vice president, Media,
      Entertainment, Information and Finance, Yahoo! Inc. "Yahoo! Platinum
      continues to deliver on our commitment to provide entertainment
      experiences directly to consumers online with unparalleled quality
      and ease of use, incorporating exclusive content from the foremost
      brands subscribers already turn to offline."

      New entertainment, sports and news programming available to all
      Yahoo! Platinum subscribers includes:

      Showtime's "ShoBox": Watch boxing's most exciting fights with
      customized audio channels from this year's Season 2 of
      Showtime's "ShoBox," or choose from more than 50 of the most
      dramatic archived matches from the past. Subscribers can experience
      the action utilizing one of two audio options to listen in live from
      either fighter's corner to experience the managers' unedited tips,
      comments and coaching.

      National Hockey League: Experience all the excitement of the Stanley
      Cup Playoffs. Yahoo! Platinum subscribers now have access to NHL
      plays of the day, game and series highlights packages, and the
      weekly feature "cool shots."

      Major League Soccer: Live video broadcasts of select Major League
      Soccer games throughout the season. Audio commentary accompanies all
      game broadcasts.

      National Geographic: The household name that has become synonymous
      with exploration and adventure delivers content from award-winning
      National Geographic photographers and cinematographers, along with
      access to the "Best of National Geographic" videos, "Videos of the
      Day," and much more.

      Warren Miller Entertainment: Watch episodes of "Thrills and Spills",
      a series highlighting the lighter side of extreme sports. Warren
      Miller Entertainment offers up some of their funniest moments and
      most memorable feats from the world of skiing, snowboarding and
      other action sports.

      For $9.95 per month, Yahoo! Platinum subscribers continue to have
      access to new and exclusive content from leading content brands
      including CBS' Survivor Insider, FOX's American Idol, ABC News,
      Showtime, the National Hockey League, National Geographic, Major
      League Soccer, Warren Miller Entertainment, and CBS MarketWatch.
      Yahoo! Platinum also features access to archived NCAA tournament
      footage, as well as new content from NASCAR.com for $11.95 per
      month.

      Contact:

      Yahoo! Entertainment & Media
      Sarah Ross, 408/349-5172
      sross@...
      or
      Fleishman Hillard
      Michelle Andersen, 415/318-4101
      andersem@...

      This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve
      risks and uncertainties concerning Yahoo!'s strategic or operational
      plans. Actual results or events may differ materially from those
      described in this press release due to a number of risks and
      uncertainties. The potential risks and uncertainties include, among
      others, general economic conditions, actual increases in demand by
      customers for Yahoo!s premium services, acceptance of new products
      and services, government regulation, and the dependence upon third
      parties for technology, services, content and distribution. More
      information about potential factors that could affect Yahoo!'s
      business is included Yahoo!'s annual and quarterly reports,
      including, without limitation, under the captions "Management's
      Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Result of
      Operations" and "Risk Factors" which are on file with the SEC and
      available on their website at http://www.sec.gov.

      # # #

      =============

      USA NETWORK SIGNS PACT WITH YAHOO!

      USA Network's Largest Advertising Commitment to an Internet Company
      Indicates Shift in How Consumers Make TV Viewing Choices
      http://docs.yahoo.com/docs/pr/release1066.html

      -----------

      Los Angeles, CA -- March 3, 2003 -- USA Network, a program service
      of Universal Television Networks, part of the Universal Television
      Group and a division of Vivendi Universal Entertainment (NYSE:V -
      News), and Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq:YHOO - News), a leading global
      Internet company, today announced an agreement through which Yahoo!
      will run online promotions for multiple USA Network programs.
      The relationship reflects the increasing importance of the Web to
      consumers in making entertainment decisions, including TV viewing
      choices. As such, the agreement signifies a milestone for both
      companies, representing USA Network's largest advertising commitment
      to an Internet media company and Yahoo!'s first multi-program
      upfront deal or advance long-term commitment with a cable
      advertiser.

      "USA Network has an incredible slate of original programming this
      year and it is our mission to get the word out in a big, high-
      profile way," explained Sarah Beatty, senior vice president of
      marketing, USA Network. "A key component of that strategy is a
      significant relationship with Yahoo! that gives us the best, ongoing
      presence online. We picked Yahoo! because of its commitment to
      entertainment and its willingness to think outside the box."

      USA Network's programming to be marketed across the Yahoo! network
      includes Rudy: The Rudy Giuliani Story, a two-hour original movie
      about the former Mayor of New York starring James Woods and Penelope
      Ann Miller; Nashville Star, a new series dedicated to finding the
      next great country music superstar; Helen of Troy, a four-hour mini-
      series about the epic war fought to win the love of one woman; The
      AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Robert De Niro; Traffic, a
      six-hour limited series inspired by the award-winning film of the
      same name; the second season of the hit series, Monk, starring
      Golden Globe winner Tony Shalhoub; and The Dead Zone starring
      Anthony Michael Hall.

      Under the terms of the agreement, Yahoo! -- the top entertainment
      destination on the Web* -- will run promotions for USA Network
      programs throughout the Yahoo! network, including five separate
      campaigns on the Yahoo! Front Page (www.yahoo.com). Messaging for
      USA Network shows will also appear on various Yahoo! properties
      including Yahoo! TV (http://tv.yahoo.com), Yahoo! Movies
      (http://movies.yahoo.com), My Yahoo! (http://my.yahoo.com), Yahoo!
      Mail (http://mail.yahoo.com), Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com)
      and Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com), reaching millions of
      individuals each month.

      "As more consumers turn to the Internet to help them make their
      television viewing choices, Yahoo! is the Internet's prime spot to
      capture the attention of potential viewers," said Jim Moloshok,
      senior vice president, Yahoo! Media, Entertainment, Information &
      Finance. "The combination of Yahoo!'s large distribution network,
      our ability to target key audiences, and the impact of our industry-
      leading creative campaigns makes Yahoo! a key element of any
      entertainment company's marketing program."

      About USA Network
      USA Network is cable television's leading provider of original
      series and feature movies, sports events, off-net television shows,
      and blockbuster theatrical films. USA Network is available in 81% of
      all U.S. homes and is seen in nearly 87 million U.S. homes. The USA
      Network Web site is located at www.usanetwork.com.

      USA Network is a program service of Universal Television Networks,
      part of the Universal Television Group, a division of Vivendi
      Universal Entertainment (VUE) (www.universalstudios.com), the U.S.-
      based film, television and recreation entity of Vivendi Universal, a
      global media and communications company.

      Contact:

      Yahoo! TV
      Harry Medved, 310/582-7789
      harrym@...
      or
      USA Network
      John Kelley, 212/413-5231
      john.kelley@...

      ========

      FOX ENTERTAINMENT GROUP AND YAHOO! EXTEND MARKETING RELATIONSHIP

      Fox Broadcasting and FX Cable Network Join Fox Filmed Entertainment
      in Online Promotional Initiative
      http://docs.yahoo.com/docs/pr/release1003.html

      -----------

      Sunnyvale, CA & Los Angeles, CA -- Sept. 12, 2002 -- Fox
      Entertainment Group Inc. (NYSE:FOX - News) and Yahoo! Inc.
      (Nasdaq:YHOO - News), a leading global Internet company, today
      announced they will extend their online promotional relationship
      with Fox Filmed Entertainment and will include new initiatives for
      the Fox Broadcasting Company and the FX basic cable network. The new
      agreements broaden Fox's advertising commitment to Yahoo! and
      reflect the increasing importance of the Web to consumers in making
      entertainment decisions.
      Several returning Fox television series are slated for promotion on
      Yahoo! including the Emmy-nominated "The Bernie Mac Show" and "24,"
      in addition to new 2002-2003 season series including "Fastlane"
      (from McG, director of the "Charlie's Angels" features), "Firefly"
      (from Joss Whedon, creator of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"), and "John
      Doe" (from Mimi Leder, director of "Deep Impact" and "ER"). Fox
      cable promotions on Yahoo! will include the Emmy-nominated, FX
      series "The Shield," and "The Pentagon Papers."

      Among other programs for the Fox Filmed Entertainment unit, the
      studio and Yahoo! are slated to promote several highly anticipated
      feature film releases including "Daredevil," "The League of
      Extraordinary Gentlemen," "Solaris," and "X-Men 2."

      Yahoo!, the top entertainment destination on the Web according to
      Media Metrix, will now run promotions for Fox films and series
      throughout its various properties. Fox and FX will provide Yahoo!
      with exclusive video material from the above-mentioned series and
      films.

      "With the launch of every season, we're looking for new strategic
      ways to reach our target audience," said Roberta Mell, executive
      vice president of marketing, Fox Broadcasting Company. "Online
      promotion is a key vehicle for getting the message to that key
      demographic. With Yahoo!'s reach, we're casting a wide net in just
      the right waters. We believe that Yahoo! can be an ideal outlet for
      reaching our viewers off-air."

      "At FX, online advertising has always been a very important tool for
      targeting viewers we can't reach with our own air," said Chris
      Carlisle, executive vice president of marketing and promotion for FX
      Networks. "We look forward to using the unique power and reach of
      Yahoo! to make our ads more effective and engaging."

      Fox Filmed Entertainment also values their relationship with Yahoo!.
      Commented Twentieth Century Fox presidents of marketing Pamela
      Levine and Tony Sella, "Because an increasing number of people are
      basing their movie going decisions on information supplied online,
      unique and innovative marketing programs on the Internet have come
      to play an important role in our overall campaigns. We look forward
      to working with Yahoo! to find new ways to convey our messages."

      "At a time when television viewers are more selective in their
      programming choices, we are delighted that forward-thinking networks
      like Fox are turning to Yahoo! to reach their core audience," said
      Jim Moloshok, senior vice president, Yahoo! Media, Entertainment,
      Information and Finance. "The unique targeting capabilities of the
      Internet, plus Yahoo!'s dynamic marketing platform allow us to
      provide Fox efficiently-focused promotions with the impact of rich
      media."

      About the Fox Entertainment Group
      Fox Entertainment Group, Inc., 85% owned by The News Corporation
      Limited (NYSE:NWS - News), is principally engaged in the
      development, production and worldwide distribution of feature films
      and television programs, television broadcasting and cable network
      programming. Fox has total assets as of March 31, 2002 of
      approximately US $24 billion and total annual revenues of
      approximately US $10 billion. The Company's studios, production
      facilities and film and television library provide high-quality
      creative content, and the Company's broadcasting and cable networks
      provide extensive distribution platforms for the Company's programs.

      Fox Filmed Entertainment is a unit of Fox Entertainment Group.

      Contact:

      Yahoo! Entertainment
      Sarah Ross, 408/349-5172
      sross@...
      Harry Medved, 310/582-7789
      harrym@...
      or
      Fox Broadcasting
      Scott Grogin, 310/369-4733
      scottgro@...
      or
      Fox Filmed Entertainment
      Florence Grace, 310/369-5634
      flog@...
      or
      FX Networks
      John Solberg, 310/789-4689
      jsolberg@...

      ====================

      YAHOO! NO. 1 ONLINE MUSIC DESTINATION IN THE U.S. ACCORDING TO
      NIELSEN//NETRATINGS' MARKETVIEW REPORT
      http://docs.yahoo.com/docs/pr/release990.html

      20 Yahoo! Channels Rank in Top Three in Respective Vertical
      Categories

      Yahoo! Continues as Leading Global Internet Destination for 23rd
      Consecutive Month According to Nielsen//NetRatings' Global Index

      -----------

      Sunnyvale, CA -- June 20, 2002 -- Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq:YHOO - News),
      a leading global Internet company, today announced that LAUNCH, Your
      Yahoo! Music Experience (http://launch.yahoo.com), was once again
      ranked the No. 1 Internet music destination in the U.S., according
      to the Nielsen//NetRatings' MarketView report issued in June 2002.
      Overall, Yahoo! is the No. 1 trafficked Internet brand in the U.S.
      and 20 Yahoo! services or channels ranked in the top three in their
      respective verticals, demonstrating the breadth of Yahoo!'s network.
      The Nielsen//NetRatings MarketView report tracked Web-based combined
      home and work Internet usage for May 2002.

      As the Web's No. 1 music destination for the third month in a row,
      LAUNCH provides Yahoo!'s consumers with comprehensive music-related
      content, features and information. Users can access a wide selection
      of streaming audio, exclusive artist features, music news, and the
      Web's largest collection of music videos.

      During May, LAUNCH hosted a series of spectacular online events,
      including a freewheeling interactive interview with Artist of the
      Month, Eminem, where fans sent in more than 40,000 questions for the
      rapper to answer, and exclusive features and content from Moby,
      Sheryl Crow, and the Dave Matthews Band, among others. In addition,
      Yahoo! was home to an exclusive online pre-sale for The
      Eagles "Summer Tour 2002." Yahoo! promoted the pre-sale extensively
      across its network, including the Yahoo! home page, and successfully
      sold out all tickets allotted for the presale in every market within
      several hours.

      "With exciting content and creative promotions, LAUNCH is focused on
      offering the best music experience on the Web," said David Goldberg,
      vice president and general manager, Music, Yahoo! Inc. "As a result,
      greater numbers of music fans continue to come back to LAUNCH as we
      bring them closer to the artists and music they love."

      Nielsen//NetRatings MarketView Report
      "These results demonstrate Yahoo!'s continued leadership position in
      multiple online categories, including music, finance and games,"
      said Anke Audenaert, director of global market research for
      Yahoo!. "In addition, the fact that Yahoo! has remained the leading
      global Internet destination for nearly two years is testimony to our
      strength as a brand and the relationship we have with our
      consumers."

      Of the 20 Yahoo! channels ranked in the top three for their vertical
      category, Yahoo! was ranked number one in the following:

      My Yahoo!: My Yahoo! was the first and the most complete resource
      for personalized information and services, including news, alerts,
      shopping, finance, and sports information on the Web.
      Yahoo! Finance: Yahoo! Finance has consistently been a leader in its
      category, providing comprehensive tools and services to help
      consumers invest and actively manage their finances online.
      Yahoo! Games: Yahoo! Games, with comprehensive playing guides and
      more than 80 free, Java-based games, continues to grow as a premier
      online entertainment destination.

      Yahoo! GeoCities: Yahoo! GeoCities continues to strengthen its
      competitive lead and expand into new market segments by offering a
      full range of free and for-pay options, from building personal Web
      pages to robust and advanced small business sites.
      Yahoo! Greetings: One of the few remaining free online greeting
      services, Yahoo! Greetings offers consumers a fun, free and instant
      way to send thoughtful messages throughout the year.
      Yahoo! Movies: Yahoo! Movies provides a wide range of consumer
      offerings including movie clips, trailers, gossip, exclusive photos
      and more.

      Yahoo! Music (now known as LAUNCH): With LAUNCH's broad range of
      music services in combination with Yahoo!'s large audience, LAUNCH
      tops the Music category, with visitors spending twice as much time
      on LAUNCH than its closest competitor. In addition, over 30 million
      music videos were watched on LAUNCH during the month of May.
      Nielsen//NetRatings Global Index Report

      For the 23rd consecutive month, Yahoo! is ranked the world's most
      trafficked Internet destination based on unique audience, total time
      spent,* reach and page views for home usage, according to the
      Nielsen//NetRatings' Global Internet Index issued in June (April
      2002 data). More than 125,799,368 million unique consumers visited
      Yahoo!, which is more than 51 percent of the total active at home
      Internet universe.** The Nielsen//NetRatings Global Internet Index
      provides the only worldwide measurement of Web audience and usage
      patterns across 23 countries and covers more than 84 percent of the
      global at-home Internet audience universe.***

      Nielsen//NetRatings Global Index Report, Top Properties ****

      Category: Rank Unique Active Time Spent
      Property, (by unique Visitors Reach (avg.
      minutes
      Home audience) (thousands - (percentage) spent per
      000) %
      user/month)

      Yahoo! 1 125,799,368 51.44 1:07:12
      MSN(+) 2 110,309,904 45.11 0:50:17
      AOL Time Warner 3 94,864,99 38.79 0:31:00

      (+) The MSN property does not include nineMSN, XtraMSN or T1MSN
      properties. These properties are reported now as distinct properties
      in their own right.

      Nielsen//NetRatings MarketView Report, Top Brands *****
      US, Combined Home & Work, May 2002

      Category: Rank Unique Active Time Spent
      Websites Brand, (by unique Visitors Reach (avg.
      minutes
      Home and Work audience) (thousands - (percentage) spent per
      000) %
      user/month)

      Yahoo! 1 78,074 64.28 2:02:24
      MSN 2 73,175 60.25 1:40:48
      Microsoft 3 66,088 54.41 0:12:57
      AOL.com 4 59,875 49.30 0:34:24
      Google 5 34,093 28.07 0:25:15

      Total time spent is the average time spent per person multiplied by
      the number of unique users.
      According to Nielsen//NetRatings Global Internet Index, April 2002
      data
      Nielsen//NetRatings estimates the at home active Internet universe
      to be nearly 258 million users.
      Rankings determined by unique visitors, at-home, Nielsen//NetRatings
      Global Index, April 2002 data
      Rankings determined by unique visitors, home and work combined,
      Nielsen//NetRatings MarketView, May 2002
      About the Nielsen//NetRatings MarketView Report
      The Nielsen//NetRatings MarketView reporting system provides three
      levels of reporting -- Channels, Brands and Parents, allowing
      digital media entities to analyze overall brand, sites and holdings.
      Additionally, the Nielsen//NetRatings report specifically breaks out
      Web-based rankings for work and at-home users, providing a deeper
      understanding of traffic patterns and consumer habits.

      About Yahoo!
      Yahoo! Inc. is a leading provider of comprehensive online products
      and services to consumers and businesses worldwide. Yahoo! reaches
      more than 237 million individuals worldwide each month, and is the
      No. 1 Internet brand globally. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif.,
      Yahoo!'s global network includes 25 World properties and is
      available in 13 languages.

      Contact:

      Yahoo! Inc., Sunnyvale
      Diana Lee, 408/349-6501
      dianalee@...
      or
      Fleishman Hillard
      Michelle Andersen, 415/356-1032
      andersem@...

      =====================

      YAHOO! AND U.S. OLYMPIC COMMITTEE FORM ONLINE RELATIONSHIP

      Yahoo! Shopping Now Hosting Official U.S. Olympic Store; Yahoo!
      Sports to Deliver USOC Coverage as the Games Begin With Original
      Content From usolympicteam.com
      http://docs.yahoo.com/docs/pr/release909.html

      -----------

      Sunnyvale, CA -- Jan. 8, 2002 -- Americans wanting to show their
      Olympic spirit and support for the 2002 U.S. Olympic Team can access
      the official collection of authentic Olympic team apparel, as well
      as Olympic team coverage on Yahoo!, the world's most visited
      Internet destination*. Today's announcement between Yahoo! Inc.
      (Nasdaq:YHOO - news), a leading global Internet communications,
      commerce and media company, and the United States Olympic Committee
      (USOC) represents the USOC's first online e-commerce and content
      initiative of its official Web site, usolympicteam.com.

      Available today, the official online store of the U.S. Olympic Team
      (www.usolympicteam.com), will be featured on Yahoo!® Shopping
      (http://shopping.yahoo.com), the second largest shopping destination
      on the Web**. Consumers will be able to purchase official U.S.
      Olympic Team apparel, created by Roots, Inc. This includes a
      collection of stylish winter wear such as hats, fleece, sweaters,
      and accessories. Also at the U.S. Olympic store are pins, T-shirts,
      memorabilia and more. With one of the most active shopping audiences
      online, Yahoo! users spent $10.3 billion online during the fourth
      quarter of 2001 (ACNielsen), and Forrester's "Buying Power Index"
      ranked Yahoo!'s audience the most valuable shopping audience online.

      During the Salt Lake Games, Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com),
      one of the most popular sports sites on the Internet, will be
      providing unique usolympicteam.com content as part of its overall
      coverage of the 2002 Olympics and U.S. Olympic Team. Yahoo! Sports,
      one of a select number of credentialed online media companies during
      the 2002 Salt Lake Games, has been a popular destination during past
      Olympic Games, including the 2000 Sydney Games, when it was one of
      the most visited global sports sites.

      In addition to usolympicteam.com content, Yahoo! Sports will be
      delivering domestic and international Olympic news coverage, medal
      counts, and TV schedules of Olympic events. People can also
      incorporate Olympic news, medal counts and wire photos into their My
      Yahoo! page, as well as access Yahoo!'s signature Full Coverage
      service, which aggregates onto one page an extensive list of links
      leading consumers to Olympic coverage headlines and sites on the
      Web.

      "We are extremely pleased that the United States Olympic Committee
      has teamed with Yahoo! in what represents an exciting Internet
      relationship," said Matt Rightmire, vice president and general
      manager, media group, Yahoo!. "With this new initiative,
      usolympicteam.com has instant access to millions of shoppers on
      Yahoo!, as well as the millions who flock to Yahoo! Sports for the
      latest and greatest news coverage. We look forward to serving as a
      USOC Internet platform in an effort to drive people to
      usolympicteam.com."

      * Nielsen//NetRatings' October Global Internet Index

      ** Nielsen//NetRatings, November 2001

      Scope of Nielsen//NetRatings Global Internet Index
      The Nielsen//NetRatings Internet audience measurement service
      collects real-time data from more than 225,000 individuals with
      access to the Internet in 29 countries. For more information on the
      Nielsen/NetRatings' Global Internet Index, please visit: www.nielsen-
      netratings.com.

      About Yahoo!
      Yahoo! Inc. is a leading global Internet communications, commerce
      and media company that offers a comprehensive branded network of
      services to more than 218 million individuals each month worldwide.
      As the first online navigational guide to the Web, www.yahoo.com is
      the leading guide in terms of traffic, advertising, household and
      business user reach. Yahoo! is the No. 1 Internet brand globally and
      reaches the largest audience worldwide. Through the Yahoo!
      Enterprise Solutions division, the company also provides online
      business and enterprise services designed to enhance the
      productivity and Web presence of Yahoo!'s clients. The company's
      global Web network includes 24 World properties. Headquartered in
      Sunnyvale, Yahoo! has offices in Europe, Asia, Latin America,
      Australia, Canada and the United States.

      Contact:

      Yahoo!
      Dean Jutilla, 408/349-5338
      djutilla@...
      or
      Fleishman-Hillard (for Yahoo!)
      Brian Martin, 212/453-2140
      martinb@...

      =================

      CARSEY-WERNER DISTRIBUTION AND YAHOO! ANNOUNCE SYNDICATION AGREEMENT

      Full-Length Television Episodes, Movie and Music Content Now
      Available on Yahoo! Broadcast
      http://docs.yahoo.com/docs/pr/release854.html

      -----------

      Sunnyvale, CA -- Oct. 29, 2001 -- CW eDistribution LLC, the Internet
      distribution arm of Carsey-Werner Distribution, LLC ("CWD"), and
      Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq:YHOO - news), a global Internet communications,
      commerce and media company, are teaming up to provide full-length
      television episodes as well as popular television, movie and music
      clips from the library of CW eDistribution to Yahoo!¨Broadcast
      (http://broadcast.yahoo.com).

      Content available to consumers on Yahoo! Broadcast includes full-
      length sitcom episodes as well as selected clips from classic
      commercials, celebrity interviews, health and wellness shows, comedy
      television, movie clips, golf tips, extreme cliffhangers, and
      selected music videos from current to classics. The first full-
      length episodes running on Yahoo! Broadcast are from
      sitcom "Townies" starring Molly Ringwald, Jenna Elfman and Lauren
      Graham. Additional full-length episodes and clips will be announced
      at a later date.

      "We are pleased to team with Yahoo! to provide millions of people
      from around the world with access to our compelling content," said
      Robert E. Raleigh, president, Domestic Television Distribution, for
      CWD. "Yahoo! is the ideal platform for us to distribute our content
      and enable people to see clips from movies, music and television
      shows, as well as full-length episodes that are no longer running on
      television."

      "We are thrilled to provide our huge global audience with access to
      CW eDistribution's high-quality entertainment content," said Marc
      Montoya, general manager, Yahoo! Broadcast. "We are committed to
      working with leaders in the industry to enable them to bring their
      popular programming to our global audience of 210 million monthly
      consumers."

      About Carsey-Werner
      CWD distributes programs in more than 50 languages to more than 175
      countries, proving that the universal language of good programming
      translates anywhere. Domestically, it controls one of the best
      comedy libraries available, containing classics such as "The Cosby
      Show," "Roseanne" and 3rd Rock From the Sun." Both domestically and
      internationally, the company is also a leading distributor of off-
      network programming for other suppliers, including NBC's drama
      series "Profiler." Currently CWD is expanding its distribution
      efforts both here and abroad on behalf of third parties.
      Internationally, it distributes the hour-long "Combat Missions,"
      from Survivor executive producer Mark Burnett, and Oxygen's
      animated "X-Chromosome." Burnett's "reality" series premieres this
      fall on the USA Network. "X-Chromosome," an animated series of 26
      half-hour episodes by and for women, airs weekly on Oxygen's cable
      channel.

      About Yahoo!
      Yahoo! Inc. is a leading global Internet communications, commerce
      and media company that offers a comprehensive branded network of
      services to more than 200 million individuals each month worldwide.
      As the first online navigational guide to the Web, www.yahoo.com is
      the leading guide in terms of traffic, advertising, household and
      business user reach. Yahoo! is the No. 1 Internet brand globally and
      reaches the largest audience worldwide. The company also provides
      online business and enterprise services designed to enhance the
      productivity and Web presence of Yahoo!'s clients. These services
      include Corporate Yahoo!, a popular customized enterprise portal
      solution; audio and video streaming; store hosting and management;
      and Web site tools and services. The company's global Web network
      includes 24 World properties. Yahoo! has offices in Europe, Asia,
      Latin America, Australia, Canada and the United States, and is
      headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif.

      Contact:

      CWM
      James Anderson, VP of Publicity, 818-655-6227
      or
      Yahoo! Entertainment
      Linda Pederson, 408-349-7088,
      lpederson@...