[TV] Reiko Aylesworth (Actress on "24")

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2004
      Biography for
      Reiko Aylesworth
      http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0043855/bio
      http://www.kiefersutherland24.net/bioAylesworth.htm

      Trivia
      Reiko auditioned for the role of Nina Myers on "24" (2001), buit
      lost out to Sarah Clarke. Reiko was remembered for the show's second
      season and was cast as Michelle Dessler.

      Moved to Seattle, Washington, when she was 13.

      Went to the University of Washington.

      Aylesworth is the 23,244th most common surname in the United States.

      She is 1/4 Japanese.

      Her first name is pronounced "Ray-co".

      Aylesworth's theater background includes appearances in "Peter
      Pan," "Charlotte's Web," "Anne of Green Gables," "Robbers"
      and "Kissing Christine/Missing Marisa."

      ===========

      What's she been in?
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/faces/reiko_aylesworth.shtml

      Reiko has been a series regular on television series such as
      American Embassy, All Souls and Sherman's March. She also had a
      recurring role on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and has
      appeared in prestigious dramas The West Wing and Law & Order.

      As well as television, Reiko has a backround in theatre. The New
      York based actress performed in the off-Broadway shows Kissing
      Christine/Missing Marisa for director John Patrick Shanley and
      Robbers for director Marshall Mason.

      She also had lead roles in the television mini-series A Will of
      Their Own and the television movie Someone Had to Be Benny.

      Reiko has guest starred on US series Ed in a 2002 episode
      called "Ends and Means". She has this in common with 24's Sarah
      Clarke (Nina Myers), who guest starred on Ed in 2001.

      She has made appearances in several Hollywood films. She appeared in
      Sydney Pollack's Random Hearts (along with Dennis Haysbert aka
      Senator Palmer).

      Reiko also popped up in Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks comedy You've Got Mail
      and in Jim Carrey's Andy Kaufman biopic Man on the Moon.

      Did you know?
      Reiko's first screen appearance was in US daytime drama One Life to
      Live.

      Personal Details
      Reiko was born on the 9th of December 1972.

      ============

      Reiko Aylesworth
      http://www.aylesworth.net/reiko.html

      Born Dec. 9, 1972, Chicago, IL, moved to Seattle, WA in 1985.

      Reiko Aylesworth played Rebecca Lewis on the soap "One Life to Live"
      from 1993 to 1994, guest starred on episodes of "Law and Order", and
      has done a commercial for Scope Mouthwash.
      Filmography:
      "The American Embassy" (2002) (TV Series) Liz Shoop.
      "All Souls" (2001) (TV Series) Philomena Cullen M.D.
      No Deposit, No Return (2000)
      Shooting Vegetarians (1999) .... Daisy
      Man on the Moon (1999) Mimi
      Random Hearts (1999) .... Mary Claire Clark
      You've Got Mail (1998) .... Thanksgiving Guest with Tom
      Hanks and Meg Ryan.
      "A Will of Their Own" (1998) (mini) TV Series ..... Annie
      Jermaine
      Childhood's End (1997) .... Laurie Cannon
      "One Life to Live" (1968) TV Series .... Rebecca Lewis (1993-1994)
      -- aka "One Life to Live: The Summer of Seduction" (2001) (USA:
      Promotional title)

      Miscellaneous Crew - filmography
      Jails, Hospitals & Hip Hop (2000) (thanks)

      Notable TV Guest appearances:

      Received Screen Actors Guild Nomination as part of cast of "24" on
      Fox Channel for "Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama
      Series" announced Jan. 28, 2003.

      Reiko appeared as "Michelle Dressler" in the hailed TV show "24"
      with Kiefer Sutherland.
      The first showing was on Oct. 29, 2002 and will continue for
      the next 12 episodes on Fox TV.
      "Ed" (2002) playing "Kate Harrison" episode #2.12 "Ends and Means"
      "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit" (2000) playing "A.D.A. Erica
      Alden"
      episode # 1.22 "Slaves".
      "The West Wing" (2000) playing "Janine" episode # 1.21 "Lies, Damn
      Lies and Statistics"
      "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit" (2000) playing "A.D.A. Erica
      Alden" episode # 1.20 "Remorse".
      "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit" (2000) playing "A.D.A. Erica
      Alden" episode # 1.19 "Contact"
      "Now and Again" (1999) playing "Dr. Taylor" episode #1.9 "By the
      Light of the Moon"
      "Law & Order" (1990) playing "Tiffany Sherman" episode #7.20 "We
      Like Mike".

      ===========

      http://twentyfouronline.com/day3/cast/reikoaylesworth.htm
      New York City-based actress Reiko Aylesworth comes out of the
      theater world where she got her start by training by starring in
      such plays as Eric Bogosian's "Humpty Dumpty," the Off-Broadway
      show "Kissing Christine/Missing Marisa" for Director/Playwright John
      Patrick Shanley and "Robbers" for Director Marshall Mason.

      She then made a name for herself in television as a series regular
      on "American Embassy," "All Souls" and "Sherman's March." She also
      had a recurring role on "Law & Order: SVU," and guest starred on
      such series as "Ed," "The West Wing," "Law & Order" and "The Dead
      Zone."

      In features, Aylesworth appeared in Sydney Pollack's "Random Hearts"
      and several independant films. She also had lead roles in the
      television mini-series "A Will Of Their Own" and the television
      movie "Someone Had to Be Benny." She will soon appear in the
      upcoming cable movie "Fathers and Sons."

      ===================

      http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0043855/
      Actress - filmography
      (In Production) (2000s) (1990s)

      Fathers and Sons (2004) (post-production) .... Business Woman

      "24" (2001) TV Series .... Michelle Dessler (2002-)
      "American Embassy, The" (2002) TV Series .... Liz Shoop
      "All Souls" (2001) TV Series .... Philomena Cullen, M.D.
      No Deposit, No Return (2000)
      Shooting Vegetarians (2000) .... Daisy

      Man on the Moon (1999) .... Mimi
      ... aka Mondmann, Der (2000) (Germany)
      Random Hearts (1999) .... Mary Claire Clark
      You've Got Mail (1998) .... Thanksgiving Guest
      "Will of Their Own, A" (1998) (mini) TV Series .... Annie Jermaine
      Childhood's End (1997) .... Laurie Cannon
      "One Life to Live" (1968) TV Series .... Rebecca Lewis (1993-1994)

      Notable TV Guest Appearances

      "Pure 24" (2003) playing "Herself" (episode # 1.23) 10 August 2003
      "Dead Zone, The" (2002) playing "Natalie Connor" in episode: "Deja
      Voodoo" (episode # 2.15) 20 July 2003
      "Pure 24" (2003) playing "Herself" (episode # 1.14) 2 June 2003
      "Ed" (2000) playing "Kate Harrison" in episode: "Ends and Means"
      (episode # 2.12) 30 January 2002
      "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (1999) playing "A.D.A. Erica
      Alden" in episode: "Slaves" (episode # 1.22) 19 May 2000
      "West Wing, The" (1999) playing "Janine" in episode: "Lies, Damn
      Lies and Statistics" (episode # 1.21) 10 May 2000
      "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (1999) playing "A.D.A. Erica
      Alden" in episode: "Remorse" (episode # 1.20) 5 May 2000
      "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (1999) playing "A.D.A. Erica
      Alden" in episode: "Contact" (episode # 1.19) 28 April 2000
      "Now and Again" (1999) playing "Dr. Taylor" in episode: "By the
      Light of the Moon" (episode # 1.9) 26 November 1999
      "Law & Order" (1990) playing "Tiffany Sherman" in episode: "We Like
      Mike" (episode # 7.20) 30 April 1997

      ================

      The Reiko Aylesworth Interview
      By Gustave http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/story.cgi?
      show=73&story=5034

      " 'I mean, at first I was wondering why I was being called a bitch,
      but then I looked back at those early episodes and I totally
      had "bitch face."' "

      [Biterela, one of my readers, emailed me one afternoon to tell me
      that Reiko Aylesworth was a friend of hers and that she had read and
      enjoyed my recaps. So I wrote back to Biterela and told her to tell
      Reiko to get in touch with me. I was in the middle of a move, and I
      didn't really know if anything was really going to come of this, but
      I figured, hey, why not? Twelve hours later, it's one AM (plink…
      plink…plink) and I'm sitting in my bedroom talking on the phone to
      Bitchelle, who had just finished shooting for the day. Being a TWoP
      writer definitely has its advantages. And Reiko was an awfully good
      sport.]

      Gustave: When I nicknamed you "Bitchelle," I didn't think I'd ever
      have to talk to you.

      Reiko Aylesworth: I was actually pretty pleased with "Bitchelle." I
      was like, if it's going to be between "Nina 2.0" and "Bitchelle,"
      please let it be "Bitchelle."

      Yeah, sometimes I'll make up a nickname that makes sense, but for
      whatever reason, no one uses it in our forums. Everyone said they
      liked Nina 2.0, but no one really used it. For some
      reason "Bitchelle" just caught on. I guess it just rolls off your
      tongue or something.

      Thank God! I mean, at first I was wondering why I was being called a
      bitch, but then I looked back at those early episodes and I totally
      had "bitch face." And when you come from New York, "bitch" isn't
      really that bad. It's like, [cheerfully] "Hey bitch!" "Bitch" isn't
      a name that bothers me. I can think of a few other names that might…
      [laughs] And hey, at least I'm not a Poor Man's Something or a
      SomethingOfKiefer.

      So you're the first person I've spoken to from the second season.
      Last year, 24 was something new. The cast and crew were discovering
      how to do something that had never been done before, and no one knew
      for sure it was going to be picked up for a second season. So now
      it's an established brand and you've been picked up for a third
      season already. What's it like to be a part of it now?

      Well, I just felt lucky to be cast, because I already knew it was a
      good show. I actually hate talking about this, but I tested for Nina
      originally, so when I read the pilot, I didn't exactly know where it
      was going to go or if it was going to be picked up. Oh, and then I
      also tested [laughing] for Sarah Wynter's part. I wasn't right for
      either part but I think they knew they wanted to use me. Also, I
      couldn't really do 24 last season because I wasn't available. I was
      already committed to another pilot called All Souls.

      What did they tell you about both parts?

      Not much. Just a short history. For Nina, they told me about her
      history with Jack and that she worked in his office. That was it.
      And for Kate, they told me that I was this tough lawyer -- a lot
      tougher than Sarah Wynter plays her. I think they basically picked a
      bunch of people they wanted to work with, and then the writers more
      or less wrote for the actors. Both of those parts would have gone a
      lot of ways depending on who got cast. And they rewrite the scripts
      a lot. For both readings I just came in that morning, read the
      script, and started testing.

      That's what everyone told me last year -- that it was a really fast
      audition process. And ironically, it's one of the better casted
      shows around. Maybe because they didn't overthink it?

      Definitely. One of the problems with the casting process for
      television is that you have too many cooks around the pot. Everyone
      has something to say about the process and then you end up casting
      the person who no one objected to, as opposed to casting the one who
      some people really wanted.

      So who picks you?

      Mainly Joel Surnow. But in terms of the main characters, the Fox
      network has the final say. It was actually really funny when I read
      for him for the first time. I hadn't really had any time to prepare
      or anything. I was in the middle of something else so when I got
      called in, so I was like, whatever. So I went in and they were
      like, "Could you wait outside for five minutes." So I went outside
      and someone came up to me and talked to me and, um, I got some
      digits. It wasn't anyone I was going to call or anything. [laughs]
      So then when I went in and met everyone, I was like, "I just got hit
      on!" And I think that stuck with them and made them keep me in mind.

      So then did you read for Michelle?

      No, they just offered the part to me. They'd already met me twice at
      that point.

      And what did they tell you about her?

      Honestly, I don't think they knew what they were going to do. I
      think that at first the Paula [Sara Gilbert] character and the
      Michelle character were going to be the same person. But then they
      realized they were going to kill her off or something.

      And they needed a female character to survive and stay behind?

      Yeah. The only thing they told me was that I was a tech person and
      she's supposed to have some sort of romantic thing with Tony…oh, I
      mean "Soul Patch." [laughs]

      Had you, at that point, seen the show?

      Not exactly. I did a marathon. My aunt is a huge fan and she taped
      all of the episodes, so when I got the part, she lent me her tapes.

      She must have been thrilled!

      Oh yeah. She certainly was. So I stayed up for a couple of days and
      watched the whole thing. It was like candy.

      In my mind, or at least in the minds of the viewers, you're this
      year's Nina. It's not that you're evil or sleeping with Kiefer, but
      you're the dark and mysterious office babe, if you know what I mean.
      Is that something that crosses your mind while you're playing
      Michelle?

      Actually the very first thing I was worried about when I got the
      part was being compared to Nina. You know, Sarah Clarke did such a
      great job. We're different actresses and our characters are supposed
      to be different. I wouldn't even try to do what she did last season.

      But is it hard not to be Nina?

      Yeah, kinda. I mean, I'm sure it's difficult to pioneer something
      when you don't know where you're going or what the tone of the show
      is -- that's what Sarah had to deal with. But I came in having seen
      the show, and that was definitely an advantage. But, yeah, you can't
      help but have people compare you. Everyone in this season's cast is
      being compared to everyone in last season's cast. Sarah [Wynter]
      gets compared to Leslie [Hope]. Even Lourdes [Benedicto] gets
      compared to Tamara Tunie. There's no way to avoid it.

      But that's the thing about being a part of something culty. People
      were so in love with the original characters and there's something
      about being part of the first year of a maverick show. In some sense
      there's nothing you can really do, because it's been done. So of
      course people are going to draw comparisons.

      I guess it's a way for the viewers to make sense of everything. I do
      it, myself. Every time there's a new character, my first thought
      is, "Who is she supposed to be from last year?"

      I hoped that maybe I could escape the comparison because my outfit
      is so different from Nina's.

      And so is your hair. Plus you're more professional looking. Nina
      really looked like the office skag.

      [laughs] But that's what I loved about her!

      [laughs] Yeah. Like, she always looked a little damp. I loved that!

      But you know, in actuality, I have Tony's old job. He's got Nina's
      job this year.

      Wow, I didn't realize that. I guess it was a sexist reflex on my
      part to assume that you have Nina's job because…you're the "girl."
      But, yeah, when you think about it, Tony is your superior just like
      Nina was his superior last year.

      Everyone thinks I have Nina's job! It's so weird. When I first came
      in to rehearse, I was asking the writers, "Okay, what's my job? What
      do I do?" And they were like, "You work for Tony, but beyond that we
      don't want to get too specific. We want the freedom to have you guys
      go out into the field, do interrogations or just analyze stuff on
      the computer. We don't want to pin you down to a specialized job
      like 'the tech person' or 'the gun person.'" So they just set up the
      hierarchy: Mason, Tony, and then Michelle. And now that Mason's
      gone, Tony has his job and I have Tony's job. So, come to think of
      it, I do have Nina's old job.

      There you go! And now Carrie has your job. No wait, she has Paula's
      job. Who has your old job?

      [thinks] No one. No wait! The bald guy! [laughs] We told him [Val
      Lauren] that there was an entire thread on him.

      Yeah, there is. Have you gone into your thread?

      Oh yeah. But I can't do it too much. Some people come to the set
      and -- I don't know if it's your site -- but people get really upset
      when they read what's written about them on some of these forums. I
      know there were a couple of people who went to the Fox site and got
      really bummed out.

      Yeah, people get really weird about this show. It brings up a lot of
      weird emotions. Some people totally confuse the character with the
      actor. A lot of people on the Fox boards blame Leslie Hope for
      getting raped, for instance. Sometimes my editor and I get these
      angry emails from viewers who read my recaps. They are so over-
      identified with the show, they truly believe that my recaps are a
      personal attack on them. The irony is, I actually love the show. I
      just nitpick.

      You see, that's what's fun about the show. My friends and I all get
      together and watch it and we completely tear it apart. You can't
      take it too seriously. It's a Fox show! It's really good, smart,
      brilliantly done pulp. It's not The West Wing. It's way too earnest
      not to rip it apart. And, hello? I'm on the show and I feel this
      way. I can't believe people get all in a bunch about that! Some
      people act like "Trekkies" about 24 sometimes and it's truly
      confusing to me.

      There are these moments that I refer to in my recaps as "ambiguo-
      glances." An "ambiguo-glance" is a look that various characters give
      each other where you're either checking someone out or you're
      plotting to kill them. It's impossible to tell which. Do you know
      what I'm talking about?

      Yeah. Actually a lot of that is the editing and the camera work. By
      that I mean, they catch things. Little things. Originally I was only
      signed up for thirteen episodes. Now I'm in all of them. It's
      because there was this one scene early on where I was just standing
      around but my hair was in my face so I tucked it behind my ear and
      everything sprung from there. A lot of viewers started asking, "Is
      she evil?"

      So it's not like you are trying to act a certain way. You're just
      doing what comes naturally, and certain gestures are highlighted by
      the editing process?

      Exactly. The way it's shot makes a difference too. The camera guys
      are so good at voyeurism. They're constantly shooting through the
      slots of the wall divider or from behind a doorway or something. It
      makes the audience feel complicit. And then once you begin to see
      how it looks in the final edit, you start playing it. [laughs] When
      you realize it's going to keep you on longer, you keep up the
      ambiguity. Plus it's better to be ambiguous since it serves the
      storyline, since nothing's set in stone.

      Also there's just this sexual charge to everything because of the
      urgency. "We have to stop the bomb, now! This might be our last day
      on earth! We're all going to die, let's get our rocks off!" That
      kind of thing. And then you've got Kiefer and his velvety voice.
      He's got chemistry with…the lamppost…anything.

      Last year, I got the feeling from the actresses I talked to that the
      writers were "making it up as they went along" so they had to act
      ambiguously, just as you said. However, this year feels like a lot
      more planning went into it. So are they not telling you stuff
      because they don't know where your storyline is going? Or are they
      deliberately keeping you in the dark so that your performance
      doesn't give too much away?

      Both. Definitely. From what I hear, they have it planned out at
      least six episodes in advance. Meanwhile, we only know what's
      happening when we get our script. There were a lot more loose ends
      last year, but this year they're looking further ahead.

      You are still filming now? I'm allowed to ask that, right? You
      haven't died or anything?

      Yeah, I'm still filming. I was shooting episode twenty-two today.

      So do you know what happens?

      I'm not supposed to know what happens, but I sort of figured it out.
      They wrote a dummy script for the last couple of episodes -- you
      know, so that the crew could start setting up the locations, sets,
      and costumes. But they're giving us the real script at the last
      minute. Last year they shot alternate scenes. This year they're just
      not letting any of the actors know what's in the script until the
      day they shoot.

      My money's on something interesting happening to you. You've been so
      quiet and sweet all season. I bet we're being faked out and you're
      going to turn out to be evil or something. I feel the same way about
      Rolaide [Lynne].

      Actually, something cool is going to happen to Lynne. I didn't see
      any of it but she was telling me about it. I think I know what's
      happening to me in the end but I'm not sure. Plus it could totally
      change. I think that I'll end up alive, but that doesn't necessarily
      mean I'll be back next season. I don't know for sure if anyone will
      be back next season. And it's not like they were planning on keeping
      me this long, so I'm just counting my blessings at this point.

      Excuse me, I'm getting over this cold right now. There's going to be
      this episode you're going to see in a few weeks -- we just finished
      filming it -- where I am so sick.

      Yeah, I always wondered what happens when you're sick but you still
      have to go on…and pretend to be just as healthy as you were
      an "hour" ago.

      It's a nightmare. But the hair and makeup people are so great.
      [laughs] They literally saved my life this week. Plus, I can chalk
      it up in my performance to being, you know, tired.

      Hey, your building was just bombed…

      Yeah, and sometimes you just have one of those really bad, uh,
      hours. Like there was just this point where it all hit me really
      hard…and then I got my second wind an hour later! [laughs]

      So I'm sure you've heard this before and it's probably bugging you
      by now, but we've all been getting a serious lesbian vibe between
      you and…

      Lesbo-rific? [laughs] Yeah. Actually it's really funny. All I can
      tell you is that we were told to play it like that. And we were told
      that it was going to turn into this whole lesbian storyline. And
      that's exactly what we did. It was like what you were saying in your
      recap about "get your figurative hand off my ass." That's completely
      what it was.

      So we're not imagining things?

      No. So were playing it like that and it was totally cool and all of
      a sudden, they're like, "We've changed our minds." It turns out that
      it's not a lesbian thing at all. They rewrote the script and
      our "secret" turns out to be something totally different. So then
      they said they were going to reedit those scenes and make them looks
      less sexual. But then Lourdes and I were watching the episodes and
      we were like, "What?" They totally kept all of that stuff in: the
      winking, the staring, my reactions to her…everything. [laughs] I
      guess ultimately they didn't want to miss out on some lesbo action.

      Who doesn't want lesbo action?

      Right? I mean, c'mon! It's Fox! You should have seen how excited the
      crew got when we were shooting those scenes. You'd think we were
      ready to get out the Crisco and the bikinis.

      And what's the crew like? Are they these old teamsters?

      [laughs] They're older, but they're some of my best friends. My only
      friends since I've moved out to L.A. I'm actually becoming a
      teamster myself. I gotta make some girlfriends. I'm totally one of
      the boys -- beer shots, fart jokes, you name it.

      You're the Shirley MacLaine of the Rat Pack.

      Exactly.

      There's been very little sex this year…

      Yeah. Well, that's going to change a bit.

      No one else agreed with me, but I got a lesbian vibe off of you and
      Paula. Was that intentional?

      No! [laughs]

      It's just that there was this moment in the bathroom…

      Oh, right, where you wrote she was going to ask me for a tampon?
      [laughing] I don't know. Now you're making me nervous. Or maybe they
      saw those scenes and said, "Oh, we've got to bring in a chick for
      her!"

      What was it like to work with Darlene?

      Darlene? Oh, it was great. She's really mellow and really sweet. She
      was nothing like the character she played on Roseanne. You know, she
      wasn't all surly and sarcastic…and that's how I expected her to be
      in real life. But she was completely sweet and low-key. It's funny,
      I seem to have this Roseanne connection in my life. I'm friends with
      Lecy [Goranson, who played Becky on Roseanne]. I was in this Eric
      Bogosian play and she had worked with the director on something
      else, so I met her when she came out and saw the show. She lived in
      my neighborhood so we'd see each other all the time. She's funny.
      Not like "Becky" at all. And this same director directed this other
      play. There was a girl in that who was dating the guy who played
      David [Johnny Galicki].

      Who would you say are your pals in the cast?

      We all go out as a group.

      You mean even the actors from the other plotlines?

      Yeah, Dennis [Haysbert] will come out with us sometimes. Although
      not as much anymore, because he's a big old movie star now so he's
      always working. No, but the producers threw a party the other night
      and everyone came out, Penny [Johnson Jerald], Dennis, and Jude
      [Ciccolella]…

      When you all go out, is there this sense that the Palmer people and
      the CTU people are rival gangs?

      Hah! Penny would kick all of our asses. Well, at the beginning of
      the year, we were all having lunch and Dennis said to me, "Well,
      I'll see you at the Christmas party." So, yeah, a lot of the time we
      don't see the people who are on other sets. Actually, the plus side
      of that is that it's an ideal working environment. The days that the
      other storylines shoot, we get to stay home. We actually get time
      off. No one works all the time. Even Kiefer gets days off.

      But yeah, we all get along really well. I go out with Michelle
      [Forbes] all the time. I've gone out with Sarah [Clarke], Laura
      [Harris], and Kiefer. Carlos [Bernard] is hysterically funny. He has
      this dry sense of humor where he lets you think he's serious for the
      longest time. One week he had Kiefer convinced that he was wearing a
      hairpiece. He kept coming up to Kiefer and saying, "Is this on
      right?" And he's always doing stuff like that.

      He's my favorite, actually. I've never been into blonds, so I
      appreciate Kiefer aesthetically, but I prefer…

      You like the darker guys. Yeah, it was funny. When I had the whole
      lesbian storyline coming up, we were wondering who they'd cast. We
      thought with the name "Carrie Turner" she was going to be another
      blonde. And I was like, "Please, there are enough blondes on this
      show, she's gotta be a brunette!" So Carlos found out who they were
      casting and he was like, "Well, let's just say that Michelle has a
      thing for the Latins!" I guess he is kind of cute…it's just weird,
      when you work with someone, you just don't see them like that. I
      mean, he's married. It's not that I don't see him as attractive,
      it's just he's Carlos, you know? He's my buddy.

      So what's Kiefer like? Sorry, I have to ask.

      [mimicking] "What's it like to work with Kiefer?" [laughs] It's
      great. He's great. He's so professional on the set and he's so much
      fun off the set. He sets the bar for the cast and crew. We all look
      to him to set the standard. It's the best set I've ever worked on
      and I think a lot of that is due to Kiefer. He comes in -- even if
      he's not supposed to be on camera that day -- and does off-camera
      work with the actors. A lot of actors won't do that, especially if
      they're…well, Kiefer. It's really funny, because you read what's
      posted on all of these websites and you'd think they'd have to have
      smelling salts on the set to revive all the "ladies" but it's not
      like that at all.

      Were you a fan of his before you met him?

      I'd heard of him, but I'd actually never seen any of his movies. Or
      what I'd seen, I'd seen so long ago. But I knew he was a really good
      actor. Although I had no idea how good he was until I got this job
      and started working with him.

      Are there any big romances on the set?

      Would I tell you?

      Well, what about Sarah Clarke and Xander?

      Yeah, they're the married couple of the show. They're a very sweet
      couple. And it's so funny because they play such creepy characters
      on the show. But, yeah, no dirt.

      Is anyone else having an affair?

      I'm not giving you any dirt!

      So the answer is "yes" but you just can't tell me?

      [laughs] No comment.

      Are you being recognized now?

      I guess, but I live in Los Angeles. And everyone's famous here so
      it's no big deal. Plus in New York, you're around people more often.
      Here, you're in your car all the time. But a lot of people do come
      up to me and tell me I'm the mole.

      Are you the mole? Or rather, if you were the mole, would you know at
      this point?

      I'm not the mole.

      You are going on the record and stating that you are not the mole?

      Well, let's just say that -- at this point -- I don't think I'm
      going to be the mole. I suppose that could change, though. It's
      weird with my character, though, because I could live and/or not get
      arrested for treason but still not be back next season. They could
      send Michelle out for donuts and I could be out of the office
      all "day" due to cross-town traffic. [laughs] You never know with
      this show.

      "Hey, Michelle, would you go to Kinko's?"

      Exactly! I'd look mournfully over my shoulder as I left the office.

      And you'd walk really slowly with your big manila envelope. "Plink…
      plink…plink."