[PROFILE] Laura Kim (PR at Warner Independent Pictures)

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2003
      Laura Kim Join Gill At Warner Independent
      by Eugene Hernandez
      http://www.indiewire.com/biz/biz_030819warner.html

      Laura Kim, a PR veteran, has been named EVP of publicty and
      marketing at the new Warner Independent Pictures. Image courtesy of
      the company.

      Mark Gill continues to round out his team at the newly launched
      Warner Independent Pictures. Company president Gill announced Monday
      that he has hired two new executive vice presidents, one to oversee
      production and the other to lead publicity and marketing. Laura Kim
      has been named Executive Vice President of Marketing and Publicity,
      while Michael Andreen has been hired as Executive Vice President of
      Production.

      The choice of Kim to head publicity and marketing at the new company
      will no doubt surprise many in the specialty film community. She is
      a highly regarded L.A. PR veteran who has been a key asset to
      leading indie and specialty PR outfit mPRm, a company that she
      helped develop and grow. At Warner Independent, Kim will report to
      Gill and lead all marketing and PR efforts and she will play a role
      in the company's acquisitions efforts at festivals. She will remain
      with mPRm at the upcoming Toronto International Film Festival and
      will join Gill in Burbank on October 6th.

      "I am really excited to be part of building something again," Kim
      told indieWIRE yesterday, "To expand the experience I have and to
      learn a great deal more is just too much to resist." While Kim has
      resisted offers to join other companies in the past, this time, she
      said, it made send. "This just happens to be the perfect combination
      of people and projects and timing," she added during the
      conversation with indieWIRE.

      "It's not an accident that Laura is working on at least half of all
      the good independent films released this year," Gill said. "She's
      brilliant, imaginative, notoriously hard-working and beloved
      throughout the independent film world."

      ========

      mPRM
      About mPRm Public Relations
      http://www.mprm.com/flash.html

      A bicoastal public relations and marketing agency with global
      resources, mPRm Public Relations specializes in addressing the needs
      of entertainment, lifestyle and technology companies. We are at the
      forefront of establishing as well as identifying the next pop
      culture trends, providing strategic counsel on corporate
      communication as well as developing and executing campaigns for
      products and services targeted to both mass market and specialty
      audiences. In addition to targeting youth and key influencers, we
      also reach ethnic audiences, having worked regularly with the gay,
      African American, Latino and Asian communities.

      mPRm's 40 professionals are recognized experts in film, television,
      technology, home entertainment, music, corporate communications,
      special events, social advocacy, lifestyle, festival and trade show
      public relations and promotions. In addition to our offices in Los
      Angeles and New York, we have affiliate agency relationships in
      London to service the UK and European needs of our clients, as well
      as a network of agencies in the US to handle local market promotion
      and publicity outreach.

      mPRm was founded in 1998 by Rachel McCallister and Mark Pogachefsky
      through the merger between Rachel McCallister & Associates, The
      Pogachefsky Company and KillerApp Communications.