[PRINT] Shock Magazine Shutters

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2006
      Owner to close Shock magazine
      From Reuters
      http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-
      shock26dec26,1,5532735.story

      NEW YORK — Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S. says it will close Shock,
      the magazine it launched earlier this year with eye-catching and
      often repellent photos that promised to give readers a taste of "the
      real world."

      The final issue will be the February edition scheduled to hit
      newsstands today, Hachette said. The company will maintain the
      website ShockU.com.

      Shock is the U.S. version of Hachette's popular Choc magazine in
      France.

      "We wanted to test the French magazine's concept in the U.S.,"
      Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S. Chief Executive Jack Kliger
      said. "However, after six months in the marketplace, Shock's
      performance at newsstands has not produced trends that indicate that
      we will get the returns that we are looking for."