[BUSINESS] Dr. Chirinjeev Kathuria's "PlanetSpace.Com"

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2006
      Dr. Chirinjeev Kathuria
      http://www.eastwestmagazine.com/content/view/106/40/

      Yes, he's a medical doctor, but Dr. Chirinjeev Kathuria isn't on our
      list for some type of medical advancement. Instead, it is the
      entrepreneur in him that intrigues us. Kathuria and partner, Geoff
      Sheerin, are behind PlanetSpace, a company competing with the likes
      of Virgin Galactic in the space tourism industry.

      Kathuria was a founding director of MirCorp, the company that sent
      billionaire Dennis Tito into space for $20 million in 2001, and now
      he wants to expand on those efforts and advancements, giving anyone
      the opportunity to travel to space.

      Kathuria has said that PlanetSpace has a list of 3,000 people ready
      to drop $200,000 for a 30-minute, suborbital jaunt into space, and he
      has reportedly indicated plans to sell a reality show around the
      space flights. With the first trips estimated to begin in a year or
      two, we will be keenly watching Kathuria build up his space empire in
      2007.