Fw: [asha-wide] Stand up and be counted!

  • dp
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 9, 2001
      John,

      Manoj's words could be used for an Asha film.
      Key is to make it in a classy way that does not evoke guilt.

      DP
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 9, 2001
        We had come up with something similar sometime back and were planning on
        making a flash movie with some funny graphics.

        I believe Shruti has already designed the graphics and is going to work on
        stitching it together into a flash movie. We might not make it for this
        WAH but definitely for the next one.

        cheers,
        praveen

        =====
        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
      • Manoj Plakal
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 9, 2001
          Regarding using the MasterCard-stye Priceless
          ad in an Asha film or on the Asha website:

          The only issue that we should be aware of is that
          MasterCard has not been too friendly towards
          people who have adapted or parodied their
          ad campaign. They have copyrights on the
          particular use of "priceless" and have
          sued people like Ralph Nader as well
          as some greeting card companies for using it.

          Nader won in court but it would be good
          to avoid hassles like that.

          Manoj

        • Richa Govil
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 9, 2001
            Hi all,

            Since this is clearly a rip-off of the MC ads, we should not use this for
            ours. There must be some rules against copying advertising.

            Richa

          • Shruti Lakhotia
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 14, 2001
              yes i have pretty much done already....but am sorry i cannot have it
              ready for this wah :-(

              =====
              SHRUTI LAKHOTIA
              How much is an hour of your time worth?