GMAT

  • vikrambhat_bba
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 6 10:09 AM
      HI Group
      Had some queries regarding GMAT
      1. How long does it take for a student to prepare completely for GMAT
      2. I have just 10+2+3 = 15 years of education, US schools ask for 16
      years of formal education. How do I then apply for and MBA in US
      3. Which are the top B-schools in the world outside India.
      4. Is work exp a must for applying in US and other B-schools

      Could I get help on this
      Kindly acknowlegde

      Regds
      Vikram
    • Senthilkumar.N
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2006
        Dear All

        Hi. I am looking to take GMAT examination & hence would be glad if any one could help me by giving information about GMAT COACHING CENTRES . I have enquired in IMS and time. But both are prioritizing on CAT.

        If you know any good institutites pls let me know.

        Thanks
        Senthi;

        Smile!.It Costs you nothing...
        - Sk.

      • seshadri.r renganathan
        Message 3 of 7 , May 10, 2006
          Dude,
                        Go to MBA.com u'll get enough material and valuable tips.

          cheers,
          seshadri.r

          "Senthilkumar.N" <senthilforindia@...> wrote:
          Dear All

          Hi. I am looking to take GMAT examination & hence would be glad if any one could help me by giving information about GMAT COACHING CENTRES . I have enquired in IMS and time. But both are prioritizing on CAT.

          If you know any good institutites pls let me know.

          Thanks
          Senthi;

          Smile!.It Costs you nothing...
          - Sk.

          Yahoo! India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new. Click here
          Send instant messages to your online friends - NOW

        • Raghurraman
          Message 4 of 7 , May 15, 2006
            Hi all,

            Can some1 explain me in brief about Arithmetic progression and Geometric progression with their respective formula

            Also solve the following questions and also explain in detail

            1. A watermelon weighs 5000gm. 99% of its weight is water. It is kept in a drying room and after sometime it turns out that it is only 98% water by weight. What is its weight now

            a)2500gm
            b)4500gm
            c)4950gm
            d)none of the above

            2. 9xn = na

            where n<=9 and n is a natural number, x is an 8 digit number with no digits repeated
            a is a 9 digit number with all its digits repeated
            Find
            [(na)^2 for n minimum] - [nax for n maximum]

            I was able to arrive at a solution for the above 2 problems, but i want to cross check.

            so kindly answer them with explanations

            Reply back ASAP

            Thanks in advance
            Raghu

          • sriram M
            Message 5 of 7 , May 22, 2006
              you can checkout Ascent's 4gmat training program...

              Go to MBA.com u'll get enough material and valuable tips.

              cheers,
              seshadri.r

              "Senthilkumar.N" <senthilforindia@...> wrote:
              Dear All

              Hi. I am looking to take GMAT examination & hence would be glad if any one could help me by giving information about GMAT COACHING CENTRES . I have enquired in IMS and time. But both are prioritizing on CAT.

              If you know any good institutites pls let me know.

              Thanks
              Senthi;

              Smile!.It Costs you nothing...
              - Sk.

              ---------------------------------

              Join Ascent's Summer Crash course for CAT 2006 - Starts May 18, 06
              http://www.ascenteducation.com/india_mba_iim_cat_classes_courses/cat_crash_course.shtml

              Ascent's Correspondence course for CAT - Comprehensive Course Material by IIM Alumni
              http://www.ascenteducation.com/india_mba_iim_cat_classes_courses/correspondence_course.shtml

              Finance mba Top business schools Business schools in india Business finances

              ---------------------------------

              ---------------------------------
              Yahoo! India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new. Click here
              Send instant messages to your online friends - NOW

              Get a free @... email address ---> http://www.mschumacher.com
            • kshitiz garg
              Message 6 of 7 , May 24, 2006
                AP series is a mathematical progression series in which each term can be found by adding some constant quantity (common difference i.e d ) to the last term.....
                the nth term of an AP is a+(n-1)d  where a is the 1st term and d is the common difference...
                the sum of n terms of an AP is given by n/2 { 2 a+(n-1)d } or n/2 { first term+last term }

                GP series is a mathematical progression series in which each term can be found by multiplying some constant quantity (common ratio i.e r ) with the last term.....
                the nth term of an GP is a.r^(n-1)  where a is the 1st term and r is the common ratio...
                the sum of n terms of an GP is given by a(1-r^n)/(1-r)
                when r < 1 and there are infinite tems to add in a GP , r^n ---> 0 and hence the sum becomes a/1-r

                1. A watermelon weighs 5000gm. 99% of its weight is water. It is kept in a drying room and after sometime it turns out that it is only 98% water by weight. What is its weight now

                a)2500gm
                b)4500gm
                c)4950gm
                d)none of the above

                Soln..
                Earlier the real solid part was 1% of 5000 gm i.e. 50 gm
                later the same real solid part(50 gm) became 2% of x gm
                so we have to find a no , 2% of which is 50 gm
                ---> 2x/100 = 50
                so x = 2500 gms....

                Raghurraman <raghu_ssn@...> wrote:
                Hi all,

                Can some1 explain me in brief about Arithmetic progression and Geometric progression with their respective formula

                Also solve the following questions and also explain in detail
                Raghu

              • vijendra singh
                Message 7 of 7 , May 31, 2006
                  99%of 5000gm=4950gm
                  let loss in wt. in drying room be x gm.
                  this will be due to loss in wt. of water
                  according to question
                  (4950-x)/5000-x)*100=98%
                  solving we get x=2500gm

                  its wt now is 2500 gm.ans..

[...]

                  Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Yahoo! Messenger Download now