Re: [2IIM CAT Prep] (unknown)

  • ambarish kulkarni
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2011
      Question 1.

      Answer is 2.4 kg.

      Initially wt was 20 kg. So weight of water in it is .9x = 18 kg.
      So wt of solid content is 2 kg which is same in both wet and dry grapes.

      so 2 + wt. of water in wet grapes.

      wt. of water in wet grapes = 20% of 2 = 0.4

      so 2.4

      Question 2

      Man worked for 3/4 of year. so he should get 3/4 of 90 = 75.
      so 75 = 65 + turban

      Hence 10.

      Question 3 I have answered before.

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2011
        2 answerv z wrong...

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2011
          Weight in dried grape = 80% of total weight =2 kg.
          So weight of dried grape =2*100/80=2.5

          3/4*90+3/4(bag cost) =65+ turban.
          Since not determined is not an option, so we have to consider the cost of bag as=0.
          So, turban =10
          Sent from my BlackBerry®

          From: ambarish kulkarni <ambarish_22@...>
          Sender: ascent4cat@yahoogroups.com