CAT Data Sufficiency questions

  • Rajesh Balasubramanian
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2011
      Hi all,

      Have given below some questions on Data Sufficieny. These questions are from Naveenan Ramachandran, the head of 2IIM Mumbai. These can also be found at our blogspot at http://iimcat.blogspot.com/2011/09/cat-data-sufficiency.html .

      Mark A) If the question can be answered with statement I alone but not statement II alone, or can be answered with statement II alone but not statement I alone
      Mark B) If the question cannot be answered with statement I alone or with statement II alone, but can be answered if both statements are used together
      Mark C) If the question can be answered with either statement alone
      Mark D) If the question cannot be answered with the information provided

      1. A point P is identified as P(m,n). What is the ratio AP:BP given that the points A and B are identified as A(5,-4) and B(1,6)?

      Stmt 1. m = 3
      Stmt 2. n = 2.5

      2. A point P is identified as P(m,n). What is the ratio AP:BP given that the points A and B are identified as A(5,-4) and B(5,6)?

      Stmt 1. m = 5
      Stmt 2. n = 3

      3. A survey of 100 people tried to find the number of people who can write with both their left and right hands. What is the maximum number of people who could write left-handed and right-handed?

      Stmt 1. 50 people can write only with their left hand. 40 people can write only with their right hand.
      Stmt 2. 50 people can write with their left hand. 40 people can write with their right hand.

      4. What is the slope of a line?

      Stmt 1: The line makes 135 degrees with the negative direction of x - axis.
      Stmt 2: The line makes an isosceles right triangle with the coodinate axes and the product of the intercepts is negative.

      Thanks and Regards,
      Rajesh
      99626 48484
      CAT 2012 weekend batches @ Chennai starting at Anna Nagar, Mylapore and Tambaram, call 4500 8484 to register