Re: [2IIM CAT Prep] Questions from Challenge Quiz

  • vivek kumar
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 18, 2010
      Hi Rajesh,

      1. b 60 = 2^2 x 3 x 5, powers 3x2x2 = 12
      2. b 83 n 89 are the primes between 80 and 90.
      3. b Age of younger brother can be 9, 15 n 25.

      Kindly lemme know if they are right.

      Regards
      Viv

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 19, 2010
        Hi,
        Here is my take for the Number thoery qs.
        1. B)60
        2. B)2
        3. A)2

        -Deepak.
      • Pratik Jaipuriar

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 19, 2010
            60, 2 and 1(b b d)

            --
            ak
          • rajesh@2iim.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 19, 2010

              Hi all,

              The answers given by Viv are correct. The explanations are also perfect. I have given slightly more detailed explanations here - http://iimcat.blogspot.com/2010/10/discussion-on-number-theory-questions.html .  The questions are as follows

[...]

              Will send across the last 4 questions from the challenge quiz later today. I am hoping that we can go from there to having a more detailed discussion on Number Theory. This is a vast topic, and is a wonderful one to discuss on email. If any one of you want to take up one topic and discuss it, drop me an email. We can always accommodate one serious guest post every week. That way, the discussion can be more fun also.

              Cheers,
              Rajesh

[...]

            • Pratyasha Burmanray
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 21, 2010
                hey..these were easy..wat is the best book for quant??