Re: Number System ques

  • Raj
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2009
      u needn go by divisiblity rules . since number of the form 517xy just subs 00 for x&y and u get a reminder of 80 . so 51709 is div by 89 and 51709+89=51798 also divi by 89. so ans s two forms 51709 and 51798

      2q) since when divided by three ermin is always 1 or 2 even if its a sqr of tat num ans is either 1 or 2

      --- In ascent4cat@yahoogroups.com, "vikramjeet_1986" <vikramjeet_1986@...> wrote:

      > 1. find all the numbers of the form 517XY that are divisible by
      > 89 [P27Q4]
      > I am facing problem since 89 is a prime number and i can factorize
      > 89 to apply divisibility rules.
      >
      > do mention if you have any other method to solve these ques.
      >
      > 2. The square of a number greater that 1000 that is not divisible by
      > three, when divided by three, leaves a remainder
      > of
      > [P39Q52]
      > a) 1 always b) 2 always c) 0 d) either 1 or 2
      > e) cannot be said

    • sree harsha
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2009
        1-> The only possiblities for xy are 09 and 98

        If u find out the remainder when 517 is divided by 9,its 72.The number would now take the form "72x" .now the closest multiple of 89 is 712. Lets take x to be 0 then y has to be 9 so that the number is perfectly divisible by 89.similarly if u try giving values to from 1 to 9,u would c that when x is 9,y has to be 8...for no other values of x the remaider would be 0

        so only two such number exist

        1. find all the numbers of the form 517XY that are divisible by
        89 [P27Q4]
        I am facing problem since 89 is a prime number and i can factorize
        89 to apply divisibility rules.

        do mention if you have any other method to solve these ques.

        2. The square of a number greater that 1000 that is not divisible by
        three, when divided by three, leaves a remainder
        of
        [P39Q52]
        a) 1 always b) 2 always c) 0 d) either 1 or 2
        e) cannot be said

        Keep up with people you care about with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn how.
      • Bishweshwar Pradhan
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 12, 2009
          Hi,

          1) XY should be of the form ( 89k + 33 ); k =0,1,12,3,4,5.......
          2) Remainder is always 1.

          Rgds,
          Bishweshwar