Re: Numbers

  • abhishek.welcomesu
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 15, 2009
      --- In ascent4cat@yahoogroups.com, Maha lakshmi <maha.b.lakshmi@...> wrote:

      > Hi Friends,
      >
      > Can any one help in sloving the following problems
      >
      > 1) Find the Number of ways in which 24700 can be expressed as a product of
      > two co-primes?
      > 2) Find the smalles number which when divided by 13 leaves 9 as the
      > remainder and when divided by 17 leaves 2 as the remainder?
      >
      > Thanks & Regards,
      >
      > --
      >
      > Mahalakshmi.B
      >ans-(1)there will be 8 ways in which 24700 can be expressed as a product of two co-prime.
      (2)87 is the smallest no. which when divided by 13 leaves 9 and when divided by 17 leaves 2 as the remainder.
    • Muskan Soni
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 9, 2009
        answer for first ques in 19
        24700=2^2 * 5^2 * 13 * 19..

         Can any one help in sloving the following problems

        1) Find the Number of ways in which 24700 can be expressed as a product of two co-primes?
        2) Find the smalles number which when divided by 13 leaves 9 as the remainder and when divided by 17 leaves 2 as the remainder?

        Thanks & Regards,

        --

        Mahalakshmi. B

        See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz.
      • ponmalargs_cse
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 17, 2009
          hi,
          answer for 1 question is 8
          Number of ways a number can be expressed as a product of two co-primes is 2^(n-1) (^ - power, n - different prime factors of d number).
          here 24700=13*19*5*5*2*2
          n=4
          so 2^3 = 8

          --- In ascent4cat@yahoogroups.com, vimlesh patelia <vimlesh_21mech@...> wrote:

          > Hi Maha Lakshmi,
          >
          > Answer for your second question is 87(13*6+9,17*5+2).
          >

          > Regards,
          > Vimlesh
          >

          > ________________________________

        • prakash awasthy
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 21, 2009
            hi maha lakshmi

            as vimlesh said answer 87 is right method to get is...

            Number ca be written as  13d1+9 = 17d2+2

            or 13d1+7 = 17*d2.....
            so we have to find a smallest value of d1 such that 13d1+7 ..is copletly divisible by 17...
            we get this value for d1=6...that is 13*6+7==85
            but this 85 == 13d1+7..and our number was 13d1+9...so the required smallest no. is 87....

            On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 12:56 PM, vimlesh patelia <vimlesh_21mech@...> wrote:

            Hi Maha Lakshmi,

            Answer for your second question is 87(13*6+9,17*5+2).

            Regards,
            Vimlesh

             Can any one help in sloving the following problems

            1) Find the Number of ways in which 24700 can be expressed as a product of two co-primes?
            2) Find the smalles number which when divided by 13 leaves 9 as the remainder and when divided by 17 leaves 2 as the remainder?

            Thanks & Regards,

            --

            Mahalakshmi. B

            Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

            --
            Prakash Awasthy
          • Muskan Soni
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 31, 2009
              sandeep 1 * 24700 is also a case,,
              so it will get total to 11 cases

              From: Maha lakshmi <maha.b.lakshmi@ gmail.com>
              To: ascent4cat@yahoogro ups.com
              Date: Tuesday, 5 May, 2009, 1:45 PM

              Hi Friends,

               Can any one help in sloving the following problems

              1) Find the Number of ways in which 24700 can be expressed as a product of two co-primes?
              2) Find the smalles number which when divided by 13 leaves 9 as the remainder and when divided by 17 leaves 2 as the remainder?

              Thanks & Regards,

              --

              Mahalakshmi.. B

              Bollywood news, movie reviews, film trailers and more! Click here.

              Yahoo! recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer 8.
            • PRASHANT JAIN
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 10, 2009

                Wikipedia

                In mathematics, the integers a and b are said to be coprime or relatively prime if they have no common positive factor other than 1 or, equivalently, if their greatest common divisor is 1.[1] The notation a  \perp  b is sometimes used to indicate that a and b are relatively prime.[2]

                For example, 6 and 35 are coprime, but 6 and 27 are not coprime because they are both divisible by 3. The number 1 is coprime to every inte

                so 1*24700 should not be a case .

                PRASHANT JAIN
                Hyderabad

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 11, 2009
                  1)_

                  HERE, V NEED TO FIND OUT 2 CO PRIME NOS THAT HAS PROUCT AS 24700.

                  THESE R THE POSSIBILITIES:

                  13*4  &  19*25

                  13*25 &  19*4

                  ANY OTHE COMBINATION U WIL TAKE WILL HAVE H.C.F. IN COMMON SO, MY ANSWER IS 2… PLZ, CONFIRM THIS ONE…

                  2)_

                  HERE, WE GET 2 EQ:

                  13X+9 & 17X+2 NOW THE NO. WUD BE MULTIPLE OF BOTH THIS EQ.

                  SO YHE NO WUD BE 87 THAT SATISFIES BOTH THE EQ.