Re: [2IIM CAT Prep] ABOUT CAT SCORE>........

  • Kumar Anuj
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 11, 2008
      hi Srinivas,
                    According to me, it is not a bad percentile because you had not prepared for CAT. :)
      For a non-prepared guy, the percentile varies between 75 and 85. So, it is ok. (But, you could
      have got more :) ).
                    If you have plan to appear for CAT 2008, this is the right time. Although, there are
      a number of institutions providing CAT regular courses, crash courses, but it again depends on
      the location. In South India, T.I.M.E. is considered as a real good, but in delhi, NCR or north India,
      IMS, Career Launch is also running parallel to T.I.M.E. (or somtime better than).
                   The whole CAT syllabus can be broadly divided into three parts, in which there are many streams :

      1. Quantitative Analysis - Arithmetic, Geometry, Mensuration, Algebra

      2. Data Interpretation     - Data Interpretation (Tables, Graphs, Pie-charts etc.), Data Sufficiency, Logical Ability and Logical Reasoning

      3. Verbal Ability            - Grammer, Vocabulary, Verbal Structure, Reading Comprehension

      There is no fixed syllabus and format for CAT. It keeps changing every year. Sometime, there may be three sections, sometime four or five. So, we need to prepare accordingly.

      You can start from anything, whichever you like.

      Feel free to ask anything else. If there will be any issue, we can discuss.

      -- Anuj

      On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 3:13 PM, vaasu_vemuri <vaasu_vemuri@...> wrote:

      Hi Everyone,

      I am working in infosys form pasty 8 months as a fresher from B.E.
      I gave a shot at CAT 2007 and i scored 75 percentile.

      Is it a good score considering the fact that a did not prepare at all
      for the test.

      Please suggest me with some views whether thats a good score or not.
      and how i should proceed to crack CAT 2008.Also sugest me with good
      institutions for CAT coaching.

      UR Suggestions are appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Srinivas.

    • sharan kurkoti
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 11, 2008
        hi srini,

        its a reasonable score for a starter... if u r planning to crack a seat any of the iim's its very low as cut offs for iim is more than 97,98 percentile... depends on the score of others as well...

        its better you join times or ims , any one of them is ok for hitting iim's.

        regards
        ~sharan

        --
        Regards
        ~Sharanabasappa Kurkoti
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 14, 2008
          hi anuj,

          i am sriram.i am desiring to take CAT 2009. can you actually devise me a strategy for cracking it.please do this as you will do it for your self, bcoz i am going to follow that stricltly.

          it can be like this,

          within april end complete so and so...

          i would be grateful if you do that for me.

          Thanks in advance,
          Sriram