Re: [2IIM CAT Prep] try this

  • rajendra choudhary
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 29, 2007
      total cats=(7*7+7)*7=c
      so legs of cats=4*c
      girls=2=g
      so legs of girls=2*g
      so total no. of legs are=4*c+2*g
      i think u have got ur ans

      ramya devi <dr_ramyadevi@...> wrote:
              There are two girls in a bus.
              Each girl has 7 bags.
              Each bag has 7 big cats.
              Each big cat has 7 small cats.
              Each cat has four legs. Then, how many legs are
              there in the bus?

      Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online. Click here.

    • rvenkat89
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 29, 2007
        total number of cats : 686
        so total number of legs of the cats will be : 686*4 = 2744

        number of legs for the 2 girls is : 4
        so the total number of legs in the bus is 2744 + 4 = 2748

        But if we consider the driver of the bus too, then there will be 2
        legs in addition. Then the total number of legs will be 2750.
      • puneet dhingra
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2008
          There are two girls in a bus.
          Each girl has 7 bags.
          Each bag has 7 big cats.
          Each big cat has 7 small cats.
          Each cat has four legs. Then, how many legs are
          there in the bus?

          solution
          2*7*(7+7*7)*4=3136

        • neeraj upadhyay
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 4, 2008
            the ans is 10990*2 legs

            1 small cat=4 legs
            7 small cat=28 legs
            1 big cat carries 7 small cat-> 28+4 =32 total legs
            7 big cats=7*32=224 legs
            1 bag has 7 big cats=224 legs
            7 bags=224*7=1568
            1 girl carries 7 bags=1568
            total legs for 1 Girl=1568+2=1570
            2 Girls=1570*2=3140

            On Jan 1, 2008 4:54 PM, puneet dhingra <puneet_dhingra266@...> wrote:

            There are two girls in a bus.
            Each girl has 7 bags.
            Each bag has 7 big cats.
            Each big cat has 7 small cats.
            Each cat has four legs. Then, how many legs are
            there in the bus?

            solution
            2*7*(7+7*7)*4=3136

          • BOORA ALEKHYA
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 5, 2008
              no dude.... the ans is 2 legs.....
              coz the cats are in the bgs...!!!!

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 5, 2008
                GUYZ, DON JUMP INTO CONCLUSIONS. They didnt mention that small cats are in the bag. Read the Question carefully !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                On Jan 1, 2008 10:24 PM, puneet dhingra < puneet_dhingra266@...> wrote:

                There are two girls in a bus.
                Each girl has 7 bags.
                Each bag has 7 big cats.
                Each big cat has 7 small cats.
                Each cat has four legs. Then, how many legs are
                there in the bus?

                solution
                2*7*(7+7*7)*4=3136

                Regards,