General Knowledge for Competitive Exams - Dec 31, 2002

  • Ascent Education CAT 2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2002
      Hi!

      Wish you all a very happy and prosperous 2003. I hope to see you guys in one of the top-b-schools in 2003.

      The General Awareness questions for the day are given below.

      1. Who is the disinvestments minister in the Union Cabinet of India?
      (1) Arun Shourie
      (2) Ram Naik
      (3) Shatrugan Sinha
      (4) K C Pant

      2. Who headed the committee that recommended the recent tax reforms which is being heatedly debated at present?
      (1) C Rangarajan
      (2) K C Pant
      (3) Kelkar
      (4) Malhotra

      3. Who is the present (2002) Prime Minister of Sri Lanka?
      (1) Anura Bandaranaike
      (2) Ranil Wickremasinghe
      (3) Chandrika Kumaratunga
      (4) Anadasangaree

      4. Which Indian group has partnered to bring the Hutch brand of Mobile phone service into the country?
      (1) J K group
      (2) Eicher group
      (3) Escorts group
      (4) Essar Group

      5. Dockers brand of Khakis is owned by
      (1) Lee Cooper Apparels
      (2) Levi Strauss & Co
      (3) GAP
      (4) None of these

      6. Which Indian group has acquired Hughes Tele.com the basic telecom service provider in Maharastra?
      (1) A V Birla Group
      (2) Tata group
      (3) Reliance group
      (4) Bharti group

      7. The range of Agni-II missile is around
      (1) 500 km
      (2) 2000 km
      (3) 4000 km
      (4) 5000 km

      8. Hoysalal Empire monuments are found in
      (1) Hampi and Bangalore
      (2) Hospet and Belur
      (3) Halebid and Belur
      (4) Dharwar and Halebid

      9. Metastasis is the process by which
      (1) cancer cells spread through the blood or lymphatic system to other sites or organs
      (2) the chromosomes in cells nuclei are attached to the spindle before moving to the anaphase poles
      (3) cancer cells are successfully inhibited to divide any further
      (4) none of these

      10. The chess player Alexi Shirov represents
      (1) Chechnya
      (2) Kazakhstan
      (3) Russia
      (4) Spain

      Click here to know the correct answer to the above questions.

      http://www.ascenteducation.com/india-mba/iim/cat/questionbank/Archives/General-Awareness/gk311202.shtml

      If you have problems in visiting the above web page by clicking on the URL, kindly cut and paste the link on the "address / location" bar of your browser and then press enter.

      Cheers

      K S Baskar
      Ascent Education
      An IIM Alumni Venture
      Classes for CAT - XAT - GRE - GMAT
      No. 14-B/1, Dr. Thirumurthy Nagar 1st Street
      Nungambakkam
      Chennai 600 034
      Phone 91 - 44 - 713 7211
      http://www.ascenteducation.com

      You can access archives of Mock CAT questions at
      http://www.ascenteducation.com/india-mba/iim/cat/questionbank/questionbank.shtml

      To receive a "Question - A - Day" by mail register at
      http://www.ascenteducation.com/india-mba/iim/cat/yahoogroups.shtml

      List of the best Indian Management Institutes
      http://www.ascenteducation.com/india-mba/iim/top-b-schools/bschools.shtml

      Worried that you will miss an admission ad of one of the best B Schools.
      Join our free deadline reminder service
      http://www.ascenteducation.com/india-mba/iim/cat/tips/reminder.shtml
    • inderjit singh atwal
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2003
        Mr. Bhaskar

        THank you very much for lot of important information
        provided by you.

        Can u please explain something about early interview
        calls given by S.P. Jain (In the month of Jan itself)
        before declaration of CAT result.

        As per S.P Jain they have changed the procedure and
        early interview option is given to selected
        candidates, while interview as per normal procedures
        will also be there betwenn 7th and 14th march

        Can u please throw some more light on that

        Regards

        Inderjit S Atwal

        --- Ascent Education CAT 2003
        <cat@...> wrote: > Hi!