General Knowledge - December 20, 2002
The General Awareness questions for the day are given below.
1. Which is the third highest peak in India?
(2) Nanga Parbat
(3) Gasher Brum
2. Which is the largest airport in the world?
(1) Singapore airport
(2) International airport at Kaula Lumpur
(3) Heathrow at London
(4) King Khalid at Saudi Arabia
3. In which year did Alexander the great die?
(1) 332 B.C
(2) 328 B.C
(3) 323 B.C
(4) 356 B.C.
4. In which year did Mahatma Gandhi launch The Dandi March?
5. Eugenics is the study of
(1) the development of embryos
(2) the merits of legalizing mercy killing
(3) the production of better offspring by careful selection of parents
(4) genetical composition of plant population in relation to their habitats
6. In which year did Thomas Alva Edison invent the electric lamp?
7. What is the measure of the length of a standard tennis court?
(1) 54 ft
(2) 28 ft
(3) 84 ft
(4) 78 ft
8. Which is the first Asian country to host the Commonwealth Games?
9. Who is the president of the World Bank?
(1) Michel Camdessus
(2) John Wolfensohn
(3) Emeka Anyaoku
(4) Jose Maria Ruda
10. Who was the first Prime Minister of Great Britain?
(1) Richard Travithick
(2) Robert Walpole
(3) Sir George Cayley
(4) Robert Peary
Click here to know the correct answer to the above questions.
If you have problems in visiting the above web page by clicking on the URL, kindly cut and paste the link on the "address / location" bar of your browser and then press enter.
K S Baskar
An IIM Alumni Venture
Classes for CAT - XAT - GRE - GMAT
No. 14-B/1, Dr. Thirumurthy Nagar 1st Street
Chennai 600 034
Phone 91 - 44 - 713 7211
You can access archives of Mock CAT questions at
To receive a "Question - A - Day" by mail register at
List of the best Indian Management Institutes
Worried that you will miss an admission ad of one of the best B Schools.
Join our free deadline reminder service