Re :Re: [Ascent CAT] pls ans dis question

  • Jatin Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12 6:07 AM
      REMEMER that for any indices, lower the base higher the power is always greater if ssum of terms is same.

      for 5^7 means 5 seven times so sum is 35
      and for 7^5 means 7 five times so sum is 35. by using the rule 5^7 is greater.

      for example, 3^4 is greater than 4^3.

      3^333 is greater than 333^3 and for any term. bus rememberits not true numbers less then 3. i mean 2^3 is not greater than 3^2

      jatin Agrawal

      On Array ascent4cat@yahoogroups.com wrote

      Hi KPJ,

      5^7 = 25 * 25 * 25*5
      7^5 = 49 * 49 * 7 = Equivelent to =  (25 * 2) (25 * 2 ) * (5)

      so 5^7 is much bigger ...
      there is no short cut for these type of problems

      lemme know if any one has some comments ..

      KPJ wrote: Dear Sir
      pls solve the question
      5^7 7^5
      which is largest and tell me the method.

      --- vamsi somesh wrote:

      > I> A is north of E and west of C.
      II> B is north of
      > A and west of F.
      > III> D is south and east of A. IV> E is north of F
      > and east of D.
      > V> F is north of D and west of A. VI> C is south of
      > F and west of D.
      > 1. Which of the towns mentioned is furthest in the
      > northwest direction?
      > (1) A (2) B (3) C (4) D
      > 2. Which of the following must be both north and
      > east of F?
      > I A II C III E
      > (1) I only (2) III only (3) I and II (4) I and III

      Need Mail bonding?

      It's here! Your new message!
      Get
      new email alerts with the free Yahoo! Toolbar.

      CJ