Re: [ascent CAT] want help!

  • ajay ranjan
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 16, 2005
      hi this is ajay.
      i think the ans. is 7 for your query.
      coz 26^2 ,26^3 , 26^4 etc what ever you will take
      the outcomw is 7.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • BHUMIKA BISARIA
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 18, 2005
        hi....dis is bhumika. i think dis is a serious problem which is to be easily solved........do u know about cyclicity rule.it goes as follows

        no

        (No.)2

        (nos.)3

        (nos.)4

        (nos.)5

        (nos.)6

        2

        4

        8

        16

        32

        64

        3

        9

        27

        81

        243

        729

        4

        16

        64

        256

        1024

        4096

        In the table above u will observe that in the 5th power of any no. i.e from 1 to 9 (more than 9 also) the last digit is the number itself .this means that in the 5th power the no. repeats itself……….so for finding out the last digit is by simply dividing the power by 4 n then calculating on the basis of remainder.

        Eg. (7)^34

        In this case we will divide 34 by 4.remainder=2

        Thus we will consider the square of 7.the last digit is 9 in this case….

        Ur questn is very simle. For any power of 6 the last digit will alwyz be 6. so the ans is 6….hope u r able to get my point.....

        c ya

        bhumika

        rani singh <julierani2050@...> wrote:

        hi,
        julie here.
        can anybody plz tell me techniques/ways of solving question like
        this,in detail:
                                                                                  89
        Q) find the digit at the ten's place of the number 26     .

        1. 5
        2. 6
        3. 7
        4. none of these
        regards
        thanks in advance.

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Surendra Padhan
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 19, 2005
          Hi,
            I' sorry that the answer given was wrong..
          The right answer is 7...what ever may b the power of 26 except 1 the 10th place will b 7..u can try that..
          c u later..
          bye

          rani singh <julierani2050@...> wrote:

          hi,
          julie here.
          can anybody plz tell me techniques/ways of solving question like
          this,in detail:
                                                                                    89
          Q) find the digit at the ten's place of the number 26     .

          1. 5
          2. 6
          3. 7
          4. none of these
          regards
          thanks in advance.

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          Surendra Kumar Padhan
          Centre for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics(CCBB)
          Jawaharlal Nehru University, NEW DELHI-67

        • deepak goel
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 9, 2005
            hi this is deepak here

            I wanna make a point for bhumika who has given a good cyclicity ri=uke here to all the friends that what the question was abt calculating 10th digit , from left or right it wasn't known , bcoz for the unit's digit for any power of number ending with 6 will have 6 as unit's digit always.

            So please bring up some technique if there is to find the extreme right or any other digit in the value

            Hope you got what imean.