Re: [ascent CAT] The DI(Data Interpretation)

  • ajay sharma
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 20, 2005
      hi shilpa and ascent group,
                     i wud like to add to krishna mssg that all the q in a set (of 4/5/6) are not to be done
      it comes by practice that which q in a set are easy Think abt time a q will take in ur mind before attempting and then do it other wise take a judicious decision depending on time
      4 guys skilled in quants DS is more alluring as it is a part of DI and no calculations at all jus
      mind games.
      for faster calculation  if sb wishes to get some input frm me he/she is most welcome
      Regards,
      Ajay

      ramki <ramudu_714@...> wrote:
      hi shilpa,
                    i just checked ur mail.
                   1.coming 2 the first question it depends on ur interest and capability.
       if u r excellent in math. go 4 quant at first.comprehension is also a  good option.
                  2.coming to DI choose the questions which hav less no. of questions
                 3.and regarding divisons practice daily and learn tables well
                                  regards
                                      krishna

      sifar_b <sifar_b@...> wrote:

      Hi!!
      I'm Shilpa and I relly need some help from you folks regarding the DI
      part in CAT.
      ---->First of all I wuld like to kno out of all d questions what shld
      the target for attempting?
      ---->Secondly how do select questions in DI while attempting?How do
      we
      kno which question will b too time consuming?
      ---->AND very important part is does nybdy kno ny tricks nhancing the
      speed of divisions which are an integral part of DI qts

      Ur advice will be very valuable

      Thanking u in anticipation
      Shilpa

      Ascent Education
      An IIM Alumni Venture
      Class for CAT, XAT, GRE, GMAT
      http://www.ascenteducation.com

      Archives of past CAT questions can be viewed at http://questions.ascenteducation.com

      IIM CAT Preparation tips at
      http://iimcat.blogspot.com

      < div>

      Too much spam in your inbox? Yahoo! Mail gives you the best spam protection for FREE!
      http://in.mail.yahoo.com

      Ascent Education
      An IIM Alumni Venture
      Class for CAT, XAT, GRE, GMAT
      http://www.ascenteducation.com

      Archives of past CAT questions can be viewed at http://questions.ascenteducation.com

      IIM CAT Preparation tips at
      http://iimcat.blogspot.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Hector
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 21, 2005
        Hi Shilpa,

        1. The number of Questions attempting depends upon
        your accuracy rate. On a average atleast 30 % of
        total DI Questios should be attempted. Say total ques
        = 50. At least attempt 17 questions to get through cut
        off but again this would require very High Accuracy
        rate. But the safe option would be attempting 50% of
        total ques with 85% accuracy rate which means getting
        17 right out of 20 ques.

        2.The options reveal that which questions are more
        time consuming. For eg : Ques with options 45, 45.5,
        46, 46.5 would definetly take more time since you have
        to compute the exact value for it. So better to leave
        these questions. Plus the ranges considered in the
        graph also reveals the same. If the graphs have ranges
        very close by then it would be more difficult to
        compute.

        3. There are several ways for enhancing speed
        divisions and multiplications. Refer any Vedic Math
        book and you will find many techniques But remember
        your basics should be strong you should know the value
        of fractions from 1/3,1/4,1/5,,,,,1/25 BY HEART .
        Again tables till 1x25 .... 25 x25 i.e tables till 25
        BY HEART.
        Sqrt value till 10 BY HEART.
        And Square of numbers till 25 BY HEART i.e 2^2 ....
        25^2 .
        Cubes till 10.

        There should be no comprise in learning this....

        for Vedic Maths check out the below website

        http://groups.msn.com/VEDICmAGIcalMatHs/learnnowseries3.msnw

        Wishing you all the Best

        hector_here@...

        Make Yahoo! your home page
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • MANISH POPLI
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 26, 2005
          Hi all

          Can any body help me regarding the eligibilty criteria for CAT.
          I have passed AMIETE which is equivalent to B.E ( as per UPSC) & Govt. of India.

          will this be enough for appeaing in CAT & other management courses Entrance Exams.

          Thanks

          Regards
          -manish POPLI

          sifar_b <sifar_b@...> wrote:

[...]

          How much free photo storage do you get? Store your friends n family photos for FREE with Yahoo! Photos.
          http://in.photos.yahoo.com