Re: [ascent CAT] Call from XLRI - Details needed

  • Rajaganesh
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 15, 2005
      Hi

      You have got a call for PMIR or BMD?
      As far as BMD is concerned.. I heard that interviews are generally
      15-20 mins long.
      The questions may be from any of the foll..
      1. Why MBA
      2. Why xlri
      3. Current Affairs - Your views
      4. Technical qns based on your degree
      5. Work related
      6. Career goals etc
      7. General interests, hobbies etc

      I think there is no GD

      Regards
      Raja

      On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:19:09 -0800 (PST), G B <dr_girish_b@...> wrote:

      > Hi Saumya
      >
      > I too have call from XLRI
      > I guess they do ask ques on Labour laws from few people and rest is same.
      > GD, Interview
      > Interview is lot based on the essay we wrote in XAT paper
      > If u find out more do tell me.
      > U can contact me at dr_girish_b@...
      > thanks
      >
      > Girish
      >
      > saumya.satish@... wrote:
      >
      > Hi All,
      >
      > I have got an interview call from Xlri. Wanted to know about GD/Interview
      > procedure there.
      > Could anyone help out.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Saumya
      >
      > Ascent Education
      > An IIM Alumni Venture
      > Class for CAT, XAT, GRE, GMAT
      > http://www.ascenteducation.com
      >
      > Archives of past CAT questions can be viewed at
      > http://questions.ascenteducation.com
      >
      > IIM CAT Preparation tips at
      > http://iimcat.blogspot.com

      > Ascent Education
      > An IIM Alumni Venture
      > Class for CAT, XAT, GRE, GMAT
      > http://www.ascenteducation.com
      >
      > Archives of past CAT questions can be viewed at
      > http://questions.ascenteducation.com
      >
      > IIM CAT Preparation tips at
      > http://iimcat.blogspot.com
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      "The job is done and I go out
      Another boring day
      I leave it all behind me now
      So many worlds away"
    • Rachita Marwaha
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 15, 2005
        PI.: questions on work ex, why XL, why not IIMs..past acads..a few fundae...gen awareness...politics..india shining..economy..
        a lil bit of everything on form..give an instance to validate ur strength..etc..very chilled out..very relaxed..not asked on essay...
        regards,

        saumya.satish@... wrote:

        Hi All,

        I have got an interview call from Xlri. Wanted to know about GD/Interview procedure there.
        Could anyone help out.

        Cheers,
        Saumya

        Ascent Education
        An IIM Alumni Venture
        Class for CAT, XAT, GRE, GMAT
        http://www.ascenteducation.com

        Archives of past CAT questions can be viewed at http://questions.ascenteducation.com

        IIM CAT Preparation tips at
        http://iimcat.blogspot.com

        Do you Yahoo!?

        Ascent Education
        An IIM Alumni Venture
        Class for CAT, XAT, GRE, GMAT
        http://www.ascenteducation.com

        Archives of past CAT questions can be viewed at http://questions.ascenteducation.com

        IIM CAT Preparation tips at
        http://iimcat.blogspot.com

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • chinmay
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 16, 2005
          Hi,
          just felt like sharing my exp with XL last yr....one thing i wud
          like to tell u is that dont assume anythng to be asked..bcoz it
          really will be a surprise 4 U..in my case the PI lasted for 40 mins
          against the 20 min schedule..not a single tech qs was there..bcoz I
          had a good percentage..they ll grill u on smthng u r least confident
          about...try to drag the PI to ur strong point..dont bluff..they r
          too smart..and appreciate honest answer like "I DONT KNOW"..but with
          an explanation..bcoz i am an Engg. student,they asked me about biz
          fundas..labour laws..I heard of it 4 the first time???
          i wud mention sm qs..
          1)why do u want to join XL?
          2)whats ur hobby?
          3)which ad do u like the most?why?
          4)what s the difference btween a share and a bond.
          5)how do u calculate index in a stock market.
          the first qs will be tell me smth about urself...
          so prepare that as well..
          body language will be scrutinised..
          so ATB...