Re: [ascent CAT] Digest Number 424

  • Deepti Agarwal
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2005
      HI All!

      I , like Girish (Ref to one of his mails) have received a call from IIFT but
      dont know the facets of their selection procedure. Pls share and
      information/ experiences/ anything...

      Thanks
      Deepti
      From: "Bum, Mukti" <mbum@...>
      2. question papers(URGENT)
      From: debasmita dey <munni_dey@...>
      3. icfai ibs mba
      From: "velayudhak" <velayudhak@...>
      4. TISS essay topics
      From: aakanksha burad <aakankshaburad@...>
      5. PGSM
      From: ajith subramoni <ajithsiyer@...>
      6. interview call from IIFT
      From: G B <dr_girish_b@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:10:48 +0530
      From: "Bum, Mukti" <mbum@...>
      Subject: RE: interview call from spjain

      I cracked SPJain interview. There were two rounds of group interview.
      First was technical - We were asked to introduce ourselves. In this they
      asked technical questions relating to area of specialization. Likes/dislikes
      etc.
      Second general. They asked question on the weakness we had mentioned in the
      essay form
      After the first interview we had to give a psychometric test and fill up a
      form containing details of awards, achievements ets.
      They put more emphasis on ethics and values. Ask questions like why you
      want to do an MBA? Are you fed up of your office.? What is the one most
      important value for you? Etc.
      All the best!

      Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:46:49 -0800 (PST)
      From: debasmita dey <munni_dey@...>
      Subject: question papers(URGENT)

      hello,
      actually i want to get the question papers of cat from 2000-2003.
      how can i get it?
      can any one help me?
      if anyone can forward these then i will be highly greatful to him/her.
      plz inform me.

      munni

      CAT Preparation - Ascent Education <cat@...> wrote:
      Hi

      The GK question bank for the day focuses on Indian Independence

      1. In which year was the Indian National Congress formed?

      (1) 1880

      (2) 1917

      (3) 1885

      (4) 1891

      2. Who among the following was not a revolutionary?

      (1) Bhagat Singh

      (2) Ramprasad Bismil

      (3) Vir Sarvarkar

      (4) Sufi Amba Prasad

      3. This social reformer established the Indian Home Rule League in 1916
      and served as the international president of the Theosophical Society from
      1907 until her death. She is

      (1) Annie Besant

      (2) Sarojini Naidu

      (3) Nivedita

      (4) None of these

      4. Subramanya Bharati was the editor of

      (1) The Indian Sociologist

      (2) Swadesha Mithra

      (3) The Hindustan

      (4) Navashakthi

      5. In which year was the national song 'Vande Mataram' first sung?

      (1) 1947

      (2) 1886

      (3) 1896

      (4) 1921

      6. Who hoisted the first national flag of India?

      (1) Mahatma Gandhi

      (2) Beena Das

      (3) Madame Bhikaji Cama

      (4) Jawaharlal Nehru

      7. In which year did Gandhiji suspend the Non-Cooperation movement on
      account of the murder of 21 policemen by congress supporters?

      (1) 1919

      (2) 1920

      (3) 1921

      (4) 1922

      8. Who led the civil disobedience movement against salt laws in
      Tamilnadu?

      (1) V. O. Chidambaram Pillai

      (2) Subramanya Bharati

      (3) Subramanya Siva

      (4) Rajaji

      9. Which Year was the East India Company formed?

      (1) 1600

      (2) 1586

      (3) 1642

      (4) 1623

      10. 'Swaraj is my birth right' is a famous statement made by

      (1) Lal Bahadur Shastri

      (2) Bal Gangadhar Tilak

      (3) Bipin Chandra Pal

      (4) None of these

      You can check your answers at the following URL

      http://questions.ascenteducation.com/iim_cat_xat_question_bank/mba_sample_te
      sts/general_awareness/xlri_fms_2005/gk_indian_independence_030105.shtml

      Best wishes

      K S Baskar
      Ascent Education
      http://www.ascenteducation.com

      CAT Correspondence Program
      http://www.ascenteducation.com/india-mba/iim/cat/courses/corres.shtml

      CAT Doubts, Discussion Forums
      http://mbaforum.ascenteducation.com

      List of top B Schools
      http://www.bschoolworld.com

      Ascent Education
      An IIM Alumni Venture
      Class for CAT, XAT, GRE, GMAT
      http://www.ascenteducation.com

      Archives of past CAT questions can be viewed at
      http://questions.ascenteducation.com

      IIM CAT Preparation tips at
      http://iimcat.blogspot.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 3
      Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:03:11 -0000
      From: "velayudhak" <velayudhak@...>
      Subject: icfai ibs mba

      I have got call from icfai for ibs. is it worth to do an mba in such a
      university . They are traininng students for attending their interview
      in 41 cities.Is it funny? Do anybody please advise me.I am in an age
      of 31.How it will be?

      Message: 4
      Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:16:58 +0000 (GMT)
      From: aakanksha burad <aakankshaburad@...>
      Subject: TISS essay topics

      Hi guys..
      Is there anyone in the group who is planning to give TISS.. this year or has
      already appeared in the previous years..
      I need to know the kind of essay topics that they have before the interview.

      PLease help.

      Aakanksha

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 5
      Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 05:00:35 -0800 (PST)
      From: ajith subramoni <ajithsiyer@...>
      Subject: PGSM

      Hi All,

      Does any one have any idea of what a person with 4 yrs exp in the IT
      industry currently in a lead position will need to score in CAT in order to
      get a call from IIMB for PGSM course?

      What could be the cut offs for the PGSM course?

      Any leads would be appreciated.

      Thanks,

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 6
      Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:46:03 -0800 (PST)
      From: G B <dr_girish_b@...>
      Subject: interview call from IIFT

      Hi guys

      I have got a call from IIFT
      Can anyone help me out with GD and interview there
      There is one essay writing too
      I need some help on that too. Kindly advise what and where to start with

      Thanks
      Girish

      piyush jain <piyushsangawat@...> wrote:

      Hi Chitrha,

      One of mine frnd has this expierence.
      The level of GD PI will be very gud...
      Please have some knowledge of finance before you go
      for gd pi.

      Generally you will have many pppl of previous finance
      background.Interviewers will also ask u..what you have
      done to come to the level of the ppl from CA or such
      background.

      Prepare gud..finance Vocablury..pls...

      Thanks and Regards and best of luck
      Piyush

      http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

      Ascent Education
      An IIM Alumni Venture
      Class for CAT, XAT, GRE, GMAT
      http://www.ascenteducation.com

      Archives of past CAT questions can be viewed at
      http://questions.ascenteducation.com

      IIM CAT Preparation tips at
      http://iimcat.blogspot.com

      [This message contained attachments]

      Ascent Education
      An IIM Alumni Venture
      Class for CAT, XAT, GRE, GMAT
      http://www.ascenteducation.com

      Archives of past CAT questions can be viewed at
      http://questions.ascenteducation.com

      IIM CAT Preparation tips at
      http://iimcat.blogspot.com

    • Chacko, Thariyan
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2005
        IIFT normally have 20 ppl attending a single GD that lasts for 1 hour ...not
        kiddin...
        fish market scene....at the end each person summarises for 2 min
        this info i got frm a last year attendee

        Confidential: This electronic message and all contents contain information
        from Syntel, Inc. which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise
        protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the
        addressee only. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy,
        distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you
        have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender
        immediately and destroy the original message and all copies.