Recap of January Meeting

  • jessequilts
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2012
      Our topic this time was Crazy Quilting, both traditional and deconstructed. Group members showed various examples of both, and the photos will be added to the PHOTO section.

      We also shared a number of decorator fabric samples that were given to Victoria Jandreau, and that are suitable for crazy quilts.

      Some were set aside for use in a project that we will present to the guild in the summer.

      Kay Smith also showed two samples from the previous chapters on fabric manipulation. She came up with an ingenious way to stabilize the fabric bubbles. It's described in the caption with the photo.

      Karen showed a book by the same authors as the one we are studying. The title is Threads, and it also contains technique projects.