5Re: [artquiltlab] First attempt- Lab 1

  • Joanne Nolt
    May 8, 2011
      I having some trouble navigating the process of the computer stuff. I did add my photo. I just used a straight weave and added the fusible after, but since I really don't want to use it I don't want to go to all the trouble of stitching. I am going to give the curve a try as it is much more interesting. Joanne

      From: jessequilts <quiltlegacy@...>
      To: artquiltlab@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, May 7, 2011 12:40:19 PM
      Subject: [artquiltlab] First attempt- Lab 1

      An album with 5 photos of my first woven piece has been posted. I chose the curved weaving option, and applied fusible to the backs of the two squares before cutting them. This allowed me to work with the fabrics facing front, so was easier to see how the design was progressing. The piece is fused to batting now, and I'll add stitching. Will also try the method of adding fusible stabilizer after weaving, and maybe the exercise of using a different fabric for each strip.

      I like the method I used... the strips had some weight to them, and were easy to shift around to tighten the corners. Fun stuff.

      You can make an album of your own, or add photos to the one I began.
      Nancy
      www.quiltnans.blogspot.com

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic