Re: Help with my assignment

  • al0nz0tg
    Message 1 of 1398 , Nov 30, 2000
      These kinds of "AI" techniques could be far more
      accurately described as "advanced techniques in
      computational knowlege managment" and are therefore, IMO, off
      topic...<br><br>That isn't to say that there isn't a large libarary of
      "Artificial Intelligence" texts on subjects relating to this.
      For this reason I have chosen to describe my research
      efforts as being in the field of "cybernetics".<br><br>om
      some approaches to solving your particular programming
      assisting in selecting PC hardware." <br><br>I can feel
      that this article is going to be *LONG*...
      =\<br><br>First lets take a look at how the system will function.
      When one buys a PC the two most common criteria are 1.
      the execution of a given application or class of
      applications. 2. The price of the system. <br><br>Okay...
      discover the charactoristics of the Quake 2 application.
      mb]<br>-bandwidth intensive<br>-Win 98 =( ... I am runnig 3.11...
      recursively.... <br>-Video card dependant...<br>-Fixed disk usage
      [220mb..]<br><br>It will then query the hardware library and select
      first the preferred hardware and then, following a
      dependancy graph, extrapolate the remaining hardware.
      be wantin a machine wid a Furrious xtreeeeem 128....
      (the program will continue untill it has described a
      complete machine and then terminate).<br><br>With a price
      dependant query, it will simply adjust things based on
      weighted values...<br>For a generic price based query it
      will assume the CPU, Memory, and cpu-to-memory
      bandwidth is the most critical aspect of the system and
      then construct a minimal system after the optimal for
      that is determined.<br><br>The databases will ofcourse
      be a hardware list including dependancies, features,
      Sound Canvas<br>Provides: advanced MIDI<br>Requires:
      MPU-401<br>Compatable: DOS, Windows, General MIDI.....<br>Cost: $430
      described in a seperate database as above... <br>Ideally
      both of these would be linked to real-time price info
      such as pricewatch.com, with links to accredited
      hardware and software reviewers, and be integrated into
      one tight application that is capable of "one click
      shopping" but that is beyond what is required for accademic
      this group, e-mail me directly at
      alangrimes@... to continue the discussion. =)
      Message 1398 of 1398 , Aug 19, 2005