Re: some proof of concept projects first

  • GesineS
    Message 1 of 1398 , Aug 1 2:13 AM
      I would take it another way. <br><br>The point in
      milescarr's msg rather is that evolution which is some kind
      of "optimizer" for current environment just let the
      best species survive. Human kind has been backed by
      randomly changing environments over some 1000 years, so
      they could survive and develop their brains. These
      brains have been randomly changed by mutation and
      fortunately have stand the test, to be helpfull for survival.
      They are not optimized in their efficiency but are, as
      far as we know, one of the more intelligent
      structures that have been found in evolution. But in fact
      they've never been designed they have been developed out
      of a random state, into a random state and human
      kind could have ended with brains of flys or mise if
      random mutations wouldn't have let to the
      current.<br><br>The question out of this is can we as engeneers take
      a random state of neural nets apply some genetic
      algorithms on it and have a look at the result? As I pointed
      out, and I'm not the first to catch this thought,
      evolution of humans could have brought up quite different
      brain structures from the structures our brains have. I
      guess there are many different structures that might be
      at least as intelligent as our. But there is no
      warranty that the approach would lead to a usefull result.
      Are there any ways to get a usefull result with some
      foreseeable probabilities?<br><br>Gesine
      Message 1398 of 1398 , Aug 19 6:49 PM