Re: ...improve...without

  • George_Herson
    Message 1 of 1398 , Jul 31, 1999
      I agree. CYC, btw, roots out inconsistencies in
      the way you describe. If told that one country's
      citizens "are the best" or are "the chosen people", i'm
      sure it would then raise a question if told the same
      thing about some another human cluster. Discover
      magazine, Ausust 1990, p70: "Cyc can also ask questions of
      its own to clarify points, resolve apparent
      contradictions, and fill in gaps." An example given of a CYC
      question is "Am I a person?", asked when told that
      intelligent things tend to like other intelligent things of
      the same type, and that a person liked CYC.
      night searching for analogies among its concepts. In
      the morning the analogies are examined by the human
      staff to ensure that there is some truth to each of the
      analogies (eg, _dad_ to _dictator_ is fine) and that the
      analogies aren't actually synonyms (United States to USA).
      Either problem is manually corrected.<br><br>Resolving
      contradiction and shortening conceptual distance is also sought
      by most systems of jurisprudence, too, right? in
      working out what laws mean.<br><br>geo
      Message 1398 of 1398 , Aug 19, 2005