Data structures

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 22, 2011
      I have been designing a new chatbot and I wanted to discuss data structures.

      How do you store data so that it can be:

      1) Searched quickly
      2) Maintain associate links with related topics
      3) Allow easy questioning such as "what is a x", or "how big is a x". Allow for easy comparisons such as "is x similar to y" "How fast is x"
      4) No rely on third party apps such as SQL because I want full control of the database and do not want installation hassles.

      Any thoughts or ideas would be useful.

      Dan
    • ahmad reza hosseiny
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27, 2011
        hi dan

        please read related topics: ANTOLOGY AND SEMANTIC WEB IN ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

        regard
        ahmad hosein

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30, 2011
          Thanks, OK I will.

          Dan

          --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, ahmad reza hosseiny <sahhosseiny@...> wrote:

          > hi dan
          >
          > please read related topics: ANTOLOGY AND SEMANTIC WEB IN ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
          >
          > regard
          > ahmad hosein

        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 30, 2011
            Have a look at the way a spelling checkers works. They create a 16bit hash that you can store in memory, roughly 115k bytes * 2. The Z order in the hash table directly correlates to a word and can be searched super fast. As a side benefit, if you use the same hash algorithm as a spelling checker you get all of the similar sounding words / phrases.