Re: Need help on Fuzzy Logic

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 2011
      I uploaded a file called FuzzyLogic.pdf in the files section which show examples of how fuzzylogic can work in control systems. hope this helps.
      As to software try this
      http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Utilities/Fuzzy-logic-trees-22707.shtml

      Dan

      --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, "sangelion" <ir.safarin@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I am new in AI, and doing master on research of smart home using fuzzy logic control system.
      >
      > I don't have any background on fuzzy logic, I just learnt by myself. I need some help to clear my thought. I have few questions.
      >
      > 1. Do the system with fuzzy logic can learn by itself? What I mean is, the decision of fuzzy logic are based on inference and the data to decide the defuzzification outcome, is base on this data. Do fuzzy logic system can learn new data and modified this data then modified this defuzzification outcome. I think the system that can learn and modified the outcome is called neuro-fuzzy. So do fuzzy logic also??
      >
      > 2. How to decide linguistic value? What I have read, their ranges are usually chosen by the domain expert. Do this fuzzy logic have fuzzy logic bank databases?? My linguistic variable are temperature, humidity, light intensity, user's present and time. How to decide the linguistic variable to this variable?
      >
      > 3. Can linguistic value have the crisp value, 0 and 1? This is because of my "user's present" variable.
      >
      > 4. Is there are any toolbox for fuzzy logic for those who use Linux?
      >
      > Thank you,
      > Regards,
      > Safarin

    • surya s.
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7, 2011
        --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, "sangelion" <ir.safarin@...> wrote:
        [...]

        > 4. Is there are any toolbox for fuzzy logic for those who use Linux?
        >
        > Thank you,
        > Regards,
        > Safarin

        You can try this java-based FIS
        http://jfuzzylogic.sourceforge.net/html/index.html

        or python-based
        http://pyfuzzy.sourceforge.net/

        I use jfuzzylogic for my research.

        Surya Sumpeno
        Electrical Engineering Dept.
        Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, Surabaya, Indonesia
        ***
      • surya s.
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 7, 2011

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 7, 2011
            Thank you Dan,

            Actually, I already read many info about fuzzy logic but still doesn't find the solution for my question. Thank you for your kindly help. About the software, the link of mirror to download that jar file already broken (The requested URL /~bgy1mm/FuzzyLogic/ViewFuzzy.jar was not found on this server).

            Let me make clear of my questions.
            1. Do fuzzy logic (not hybric fuzzy) can learn new input from user. What I mean does the system need some database to collect the new input and then the system can manipulate the defuzzification output by itself.

            2. I already decide the lingustic value and it's ranges. But maybe someone could argue about it's ranges. So I would like to have something that can help me to determine this range correctly such as bank of databases (if have).

            3. Does the degree of membership value must have the value between 0 and 1? How about the value is only 0 OR 1? If no, what is the degree of member for "user's present = [present/away]".

            Regards,
            Safarin