Re: [Artificial Intelligence Group] current research

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2011
      Thought it might be useful to list the Leary 8-circuit model. This is an interesting breakdown of consciousness. I wonder how much of this is developed through learning. I suspect there is a basic learning mechanism underneath that allows for these systems to be learnt. How much of it would develop if the individual was completely isolated from all outside contact.

      1. The Biosurvival Circuit (The Breath of Consciousness)
      Imprinted in infancy, concerned with suckling, nourishment, cuddling, bio-security, etc. The imprinting of this circuit sets up the basic attitude of trust or suspicion which will last for life. First activated when a human being is born, and programs perception onto an either-or grid, divided into nurturing-helpful and noxious-dangerous (approach/accept vs. flight/flee). Leary thinks that this circuit is stimulated in adults by opioid drugs. This circuit is said to have appeared in the earliest evolution of invertebrate brain. This circuit begins with 1 spatial dimension, forward/back.

      2. The Emotional-Territorial Circuit (Freud's Ego)
      Imprinted in the toddling stage, concerned with emotions, domination and submission strategies, territory etc. The first imprint on this circuit identifies the stimuli which will automatically trigger dominant, aggressive behavior or submissive, co-operative behavior. This circuit is activated with abundant quantities of alcohol. This circuit appeared first in territorial vertebrate animals. This circuit introduces a 2nd dimension; up/down.

      3. The Symbolic (Neuro-Semantic-Dexterity) Circuit (The Rational Mind)
      Imprinted by human artifacts and symbol systems. Concerned with handling the environment, invention, calculation, prediction, building a "map" of the universe etc. It is associated with physical dexterity and caffeine, speed, cocaine and a high-protein diet activate this circuit. This circuit supposedly appeared first when hominids started differentiating from the rest of the primates.

      4. The Domestic (Socio-Sexual) Circuit (The "Adult" Personality)
      Imprinted by the first orgasm-mating experiences and tribal "morals". Concerned with sexual pleasure, (instead of sexual reproduction) local definitions of "moral" and "immoral", reproduction, nurture of the young etc. This circuit is basically concerned with operating within social networks and the transmission of culture across time. This circuit is said to have first appeared with the development of tribes. Leary never associated a drug with it, but some have pointed out that androgens for males, estrogens for females and Empathogen-entactogens such as MDEA, MDMA, MDA, seem to meet some of the requirements needed to activate this circuit.

      5. The Neurosomatic Circuit (Zen-Yoga Mind-Body-Connexion)
      Concerned with neurological-somatic feedbacks, feeling high, somatic reprogramming etc. The fifth circuit, according to Leary, is consciousness of the body. There is a marked shift from linear visual space to an all-encompassing aesthetic sensory space. A hedonic turn-on occurs, a rapturous amusement, a detachment from the previously compulsive mechanism of the first four circuits. This circuit is stimulated by ecstatic experiences via physiological effects of marijuana, Hatha Yoga, tantra (Leary's name for tantra was hedonic engineering), Zen meditation, and free fall. Leary describes that this circuit first appeared in the upper classes with the development of leisure-class civilizations around 2000 BC.

      6. The Neuroelectric (Metaprogramming) Circuit (Psionic Electronic-Interface Mind)
      Concerned with re-imprinting and re-programming all earlier circuits, relativity of "realities" perceived, cybernetic consciousness, so-called PSI/magical powers, etc. The sixth circuit consists of the nervous system becoming aware of itself. Leary says this circuit enables telepathic communication and associates it with peyote (mescaline) and psilocybin mushrooms (psilocybin), as well as being associated with computer games and Radionics and psychotronics. This circuit is traced by Leary back to 500 BC and he associates it with the Silk Road.

      7. The Neurogenetic (Morphogenetic) Circuit (Buddha-Monad 'Mind')
      Concerned with evolutionary consciousness (past and future), DNA-RNA-brain feedbacks (ancestral, societal and scientific). The first to achieve this mutation spoke of "memories of past lives", "reincarnation", "immortality" etc. This circuit is stimulated by LSD, higher doses of peyote or psilocybin mushrooms, Raja Yoga, and years of dedicated meditative practice in general. The circuit first appeared among the Hindus in the early first millennium and later reappeared among the Sufi sects.

      8. The Psychoatomic (Quantum Non-Local) Circuit (Overmind)
      Concerned with quantum consciousness, non-local awareness (information from beyond ordinary space-time awareness which is limited by the speed of light), illumination, out-of-body experiences, astral projection, contact with alien entities (which does not necessarily specifically refer to only materially based creatures from outer space, but rather all beings, including e.g. angels) or with a galactic Overmind etc. Some of the ways this circuit can get activated are the awakening of kundalini, shock, near-death experience etc. This circuit has even been compared to the Buddhist concept of Indra's net from the Avatamsaka Sutra. Leary associated DMT/ayahuasca, ketamine, and high doses of LSD (1,000 mcg) with this circuit.

      --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, Cav <cav_345@...> wrote:

      > Im still trying to model Leary / Wilson Mind Meta-Model circuits in
      > software.
      > I have a working model, but it needs more thought and more thrashing.
      > Design and Implementation screenshot attached.
      >
      > Daniel wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi everyone, I was wondering what the current lines of research were.
      > > Is there anyone still working on AI. Everything seems to have gone quiet.
      > >
      > > thanks
      > >
      > > Daniel Burke

    • Mahmood Shamizi
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2011
        Hi,
        I the undersigned, Mahmood Shamizi have succeeded to write new software with the help of which one can construct new generation of robots with true freedom of will.  The important feature of this new generation is that it has most of the current capabilities of the older generation which will be explained in following link
        Your contribution is highly appreciated
        The link is here - http://mshamizi.webs.com/

        And my E-mail  : mahmoodshamizi@...
        Thanks all.

      • Daniel
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8, 2011
          Hi, do you have any software that runs under windows that can demonstrate what is new about your system. I followed the link but I don't really understand what you have developed.

          thanks

          Dan