Re: Help take AI and machine consciousness to the wider public

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2011
      I just went there, it is a tough choice between Nano-tech and AI but if AI does become a reality it would change the world for ever. So I voted for you.

      Dan

      --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <tentotheminus9@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I've recently entered a competition in the magazine 'New Scientist' (100 words on Engineering Milestones), and I chose the development of artificial consciousness. I'm down to the final 5, and it's now open to a public vote.
      >
      > I was wondering if people in this group would support me? It would be great to get the AI community behind this.
      >
      > The link is here - www.newscientist.com/engineeringgreats/shortlist
      >
      > And my entry is called 'Soul Mates'.
      >
      > Thanks all.
      >
      > Rob.

    • Gautam Bapat
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4, 2011
        Done !

        My Vote is with you now you are a topper : Soul mates - 28%

        All the best...

        Regards,
        Gautam Surendra Bapat
        Lecturer, B.C.A.
        MIT School Of Management, Pune, India.

        Cell : +91 9766 587 551

        P   Save a tree!
        Please don't print this e-mail,
        Unless you really need to....
        Thank you!

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5, 2011
          Hi Dan,

          Many thanks for your email and your support. I'm having trouble getting from second in to first place - if you could spread the word and get your colleagues to vote too that would be much appreciated!

          Many thanks,

          Rob.

          Rob Harrand
          tentotheminus9@...
          ==========================

          > choice between Nano-tech and AI but if AI does become a
          > reality it would change the world for ever. So I voted for
          > you.
          >
          > Dan
          >
          > --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com,
          > "Rob" <tentotheminus9@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I've recently entered a competition in the magazine
          > 'New Scientist' (100 words on Engineering Milestones), and I
          > chose the development of artificial consciousness. I'm down
          > to the final 5, and it's now open to a public vote.
          > >
          > > I was wondering if people in this group would support
          > me? It would be great to get the AI community behind this.
          > >
          > > The link is here -
          > www.newscientist.com/engineeringgreats/shortlist
          > >
          > > And my entry is called 'Soul Mates'.
          > >
          > > Thanks all.