Optimization

  • kanchkigudya
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2008
      Hi ,

      I need to make a program for optimizing certain parameters for an erbium doped fiber used
      in optical communication. Have not been able to think from where to start. Can any one help.

      Normally, I simulate the behaviour of EDF using three sets of diffrential eqautions, which are
      solved using Runge Kutta and are iterated so as to get converged results.

      These equation require various parameters : like erbium doping, length, power etc.

      Thanks for ue help and guidance.
    • mehdi vahidi
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10, 2008
        Hi
        you can use the Genetic Algorithms and direct search toolbox at MATLAB. write a program that calculated erbium doped fibr with input parameters to proram. you can use this program as a Fitness function. Then by using this toolbox the best values of your parameters are found.