Sandy

  • sandypondfarm
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2008
      Dear all,

      If I ask an application a question, a simple question, like most
      questions, for example what complements a thing, i.e. "What is X?"
      "What did X do?", or "Where is X?" and the application responded
      appropriately and by that intelligently. I would consider that
      application to be intelligent, on a scale.

      If I understood that the application derived that information by
      simply reading existing text, I would say that the application has the
      ability to self educate.

      Take it a step further, if that application could identify semantic
      equivalence across differently worded expressions then the
      intelligence meter continues to move, from somewhat to better?

      Sandy www.sandypondfarm.net has been out there for over a year now,
      with incremental improvements. You would be amazed at how little
      interest there is from this community and other like groups. Most

      Naively I expected a waterfall & got barely a drop. Anyway if there is
      any one with questions or opportunities I will be more than happy to
      respond. My software is not shareware, but I am very interested in
      taking this software to the next step (what ever that is)

      Regards Thomas
    • lawrencedrout
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 5, 2008
        i like nlp, i have questions that for me seem easy.

        if my engine reads: "john has three red baloons"
        and then, reads "baloons are light"

        then my engine, will store the word "john" , and link it to the
        word "baloon" by an operator called "possess" ( possess would be the
        operator encompassing verbs like "have", "own", "get", etc. Next step
        is to store attributes for each word ( non verb ), john has none, but
        baloon has two attributes: three and red, additionally these
        attributes would be stored with the flag "temporary" because a baloon
        isn't always red nor three.

        afterwards, the same word "baloon" will be added another
        attribute "light", this time, flagged as "permanent" , since, they
        are always light as we know them ( every exception will be added to
        words as other types of attributes )

        now, im ready to ask: what colors are john's baloons and how baloons
        are, it will distinctively answer "red" and "light" ( not wrongly
        answering "light" and "red and light", for example)

        well... in fact, i know of a lot of details concerning this engine,
        like it must have context to each question, because the same question
        can generate two different answers depending on what was the last
        attribute to words in the question. etc etc etc ( a long list of etc
        goes on here )

        --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, "sandypondfarm"
        <sandypondfarm@...> wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > If I ask an application a question, a simple question, like most
        > questions, for example what complements a thing, i.e. "What is X?"
        > "What did X do?", or "Where is X?" and the application responded
        > appropriately and by that intelligently. I would consider that
        > application to be intelligent, on a scale.
        >
        > If I understood that the application derived that information by
        > simply reading existing text, I would say that the application has
        the
        > ability to self educate.
        >
        > Take it a step further, if that application could identify semantic
        > equivalence across differently worded expressions then the
        > intelligence meter continues to move, from somewhat to better?
        >
        > Sandy www.sandypondfarm.net has been out there for over a year now,
        > with incremental improvements. You would be amazed at how little
        > interest there is from this community and other like groups. Most
        this"

        > Naively I expected a waterfall & got barely a drop. Anyway if there
        is
        > any one with questions or opportunities I will be more than happy to
        > respond. My software is not shareware, but I am very interested in
        > taking this software to the next step (what ever that is)
        >
        > Regards Thomas

      • Joe Nickence
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 6, 2008
          I went to the "Sandy" site. Kudos for the simple appearance. At
          least it doesn't bleed with ads. The search bar presented me with an
          example question to search for: "Who what the first Republican
          President?" And of course it lists numerous answers for Abraham
          Lincoln.

          So I plug in "Who programmed you?" No results. Okay, not a fair
          question. I next entered "Who is the current speaker of the house?"
          No results there either. So I went to Google and entered the same
          question, and got results. A Wikipedia article was the first listing.

          Most search engines can deliver this kind of info, so Sandy missed
          the mark. Kind of hard to get interest generated in your site that
          way. And to be completely fair, I asked Google "Who programmed
          you?" I got a page with results about KSLA, Dilbert, and TRON.
          Yeah, they don't pertain to who programmed Google, but at least it
          was results.

          No I'm not a programmer. So I don't clain to qualify as a number
          cruncher. But you seem to be aiming this at the general public. And
          I do qualify as general public. Sorry, Thomas. Keep plugging at
          it. Please feel free to e-mail me to rip me a new one for the
          negative feedback. I have broad shoulders. I can deal with it. :-)

          <sandypondfarm@...> wrote:

          > Dear all,
          >
          > If I ask an application a question, a simple question, like most
          > questions, for example what complements a thing, i.e. "What is X?"
          > "What did X do?", or "Where is X?" and the application responded
          > appropriately and by that intelligently. I would consider that
          > application to be intelligent, on a scale.
          >
          > If I understood that the application derived that information by
          > simply reading existing text, I would say that the application has
          the
          > ability to self educate.
          >
          > Take it a step further, if that application could identify semantic
          > equivalence across differently worded expressions then the
          > intelligence meter continues to move, from somewhat to better?
          >
          > Sandy www.sandypondfarm.net has been out there for over a year now,
          > with incremental improvements. You would be amazed at how little
          > interest there is from this community and other like groups. Most
          this"

          > Naively I expected a waterfall & got barely a drop. Anyway if there
          is
          > any one with questions or opportunities I will be more than happy to
          > respond. My software is not shareware, but I am very interested in
          > taking this software to the next step (what ever that is)
          >
          > Regards Thomas

        • Thomas Cowley
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 7, 2008
            Hi Joe,

            The application is running on a couple of home computers,
            without the processing power of Google. It can only reflect what it has
            consumed. If you look in the upper right of the browser you will see (Documents Read 17890 Thoughts Extracted 739612) which represents the number of Wikipedia articles
            read and the number of thoughts extracted.

            The idea
            is not to return a number of links (standard search engine) but to return
            answers, whole sentences. When you asked �Who what the first Republican President?"
            this was a demonstration for learning. The application digested the statement �He
            was the first Republican president, winning entirely on the strength of his
            support in the North� from the Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_lincoln).
            The application disambiguated the personal pronoun & may the connection
            between Lincoln and �first Republican President�

            The results
            of the question was equivalent to asking �Who was Abraham Lincoln�

            Regards
            Thomas & thanks for the feedback!

            <sandypondfarm@ ...> wrote:

            > Dear all,

            > If I ask an application a question, a simple question, like most

            > questions, for example what complements a thing, i.e. "What is X?"

            > "What did X do?", or "Where is X?" and the application responded

            > appropriately and by that intelligently. I would consider that

            > application to be intelligent, on a scale.

            > If I understood that the application derived that information by

            > simply reading existing text, I would say that the application has

            the

            > ability to self educate.

            > Take it a step further, if that application could identify semantic

            > equivalence across differently worded expressions then the

            > intelligence meter continues to move, from somewhat to better?

            > Sandy www.sandypondfarm. net has been out there for over a year now,

            > with incremental improvements. You would be amazed at how little

            > interest there is from this community and other like groups. Most

            this"

            > Naively I expected a waterfall & got barely a drop. Anyway if there

            is

            > any one with questions or opportunities I will be more than happy to

            > respond. My software is not shareware, but I am very interested in

            > taking this software to the next step (what ever that is)

            > Regards Thomas

          • Thomas Cowley
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 10, 2008
              Help me out, I am not sure I understand your question.

              Regards Thomas

            • CAMBO9@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 10, 2008
                How about a new vision for NLP, a vision born from a methodology for
                "Knowledge Normalization", that allows users to communicate in their own natural
                language, eg. 'English Gramatical Sentences'.

                Regards.
                Nicholas Zendelbach
                International Cognitive Computing
                web: _www.cambo1.com_ (http://www.cambo1.com)
                email: _cambo9@..._ (mailto:cambo9@...)

                see publications:

                Please recommend the video of the successful installation of the paradigm.

                The IDC Story: The First Successful AI Based Multi-Expert System In Arizona.

                Examine a multi-expert system generator, Rose Navigator, and an Enterprise
                Resource Plan

                to help manage the need for human engineers against the dynamics of customer
                expectations and orders.
                Pages: 39 through 45, also pages 1 and 5.

                _www.pcai.com/web/6a72/522.11.42/TOC.htm_
                (aoldb://mail/write/www.pcai.com/web/6a72/522.11.42/TOC.htm) copy and paste to browser.

                JUNE 2004 Publication: PCAI Magazine.

                The Heuristic Life Cycle of a multi-Expert system.

                Introduction,
                the purpose of this article is to introduce a new paradigm in the discipline
                of engineering human knowledge.
                Abstract This article introduces a new paradigm to the discipline of
                engineering human knowledge, one that we divide into four tenets of knowledge
                representation:
                1. The four prime domains of knowledge.
                2. All human knowledge has, at its root, a language to communicate the
                knowledge.
                3. A single language sentence contains the smallest unit of knowledge, and
                it is possible to normalize and codify this unit of knowledge into a
                multi-expert computer system (Language representation).
                4. A knowledge based computer system can learn as well as teach.

                This paradigm, as illustrated in this article, is the result of research and
                development and the resulting creation of a multi expert system generator.
                The methodology of the multi-expert system generator is a self-designing
                system — it constructs and designs attributes that are an integral part of the
                methodology, process and architecture used to generate the multi-expert system.

                Magazine Article:
                http://www.pcai.com/web/6t6y6t/6t6y6y.7.02/TOC.htm copy and paste to browser.
                or
                _http://publicliterature.org/en/wikipedia/k/kn/knowledge_normalization.html_
                (http://publicliterature.org/en/wikipedia/k/kn/knowledge_normalization.html) (http://knowledge-normalization.wikiverse.org/)
                Career Profile. http://hometown.aol.com/cambo9/myhomepage/index.html

                2008. (http://citysbest.aol.com?ncid=aolacg00050000000102)

              • Thomas Cowley
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 11, 2008
                  I will be attending the 2008 ACL conference in Columbus Ohio
                  next week, if any one wants to talk & compare notes. I would look forward
                  to meeting any like minded thinkers.

                  Regards Thomas

                  The application is running on a couple of home computers,
                  without the processing power of Google. It can only reflect what it has
                  consumed. If you look in the upper right of the browser you will see (Documents
                  Read 17890 Thoughts Extracted 739612) which represents the number of Wikipedia
                  articles
                  read and the number of thoughts extracted.

                  &nbsp;

                  The idea
                  is not to return a number of links (standard search engine) but to return
                  answers, whole sentences. When you asked �Who what the first Republican
                  President?"
                  this was a demonstration for learning. The application digested the statement
                  �He
                  was the first Republican president, winning entirely on the strength of his
                  support in the North� from the Wikipedia article
                  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_lincoln).
                  The application disambiguated the personal pronoun &amp; may the connection
                  between Lincoln and �first Republican President�

                  &nbsp;

                  The results
                  of the question was equivalent to asking �Who was Abraham Lincoln�

                  &nbsp;

                  Regards
                  Thomas &amp; thanks for the feedback!

[...]

                  &lt;sandypondfarm@ ...&gt; wrote:

                  &gt;

                  &gt; Dear all,

                  &gt;

                  &gt; If I ask an application a question, a simple question, like most

                  &gt; questions, for example what complements a thing, i.e. "What is
                  X?"

                  &gt; "What did X do?", or "Where is X?" and the
                  application responded

                  &gt; appropriately and by that intelligently. I would consider that

                  &gt; application to be intelligent, on a scale.

                  &gt;

                  &gt; If I understood that the application derived that information by

                  &gt; simply reading existing text, I would say that the application has

                  the

                  &gt; ability to self educate.

                  &gt;

                  &gt; Take it a step further, if that application could identify semantic

                  &gt; equivalence across differently worded expressions then the

                  &gt; intelligence meter continues to move, from somewhat to better?

                  &gt;

                  &gt; Sandy www.sandypondfarm. net has been out there for over a year now,

                  &gt; with incremental improvements. You would be amazed at how little

                  &gt; interest there is from this community and other like groups. Most

                  &gt; responses go like "Ya but Google is doing this, or about to do

                  this"

                  &gt;

                  &gt; Naively I expected a waterfall &amp; got barely a drop. Anyway if
                  there

                  is

                  &gt; any one with questions or opportunities I will be more than happy to

                  &gt; respond. My software is not shareware, but I am very interested in

                  &gt; taking this software to the next step (what ever that is)

                  &gt;

                  &gt; Regards Thomas

                  &gt;

                  <*> Your email settings: