Re: [Artificial Intelligence Group] training nnet to recognize speech

  • Mohammad Tazaree
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2007
      Hi dear friend

      it's very regular that ANN training take some hours (or even days) time.

      be success

      JAKA KRAVANJA <jkravanja@...> wrote:
      Hi!

      I'm training neural net to recognize speech. I tried using toolbox that
      comes with matlab, but it uses so much memory that it returns an
      error. So i wrote my own functions to simulate and train the net. Since
      I have never done any similar thing before I am wodering how much time
      it takes to train a net if you have let's say around 3500 samples each
      containing 60 features (3500x60 matrix at the input) and 3500X30 matrix
      of desired outputs and a net with 250 nodes in hidden and 30 in oupur
      layer. I tried to do 100 training iterations on this net and matrices
      mentioned above and it took the computer 1.5 hour to do all the
      calculations.

      Since it seems a lot and I have no experience my question is jut how
      much does it usually take to train a net to do speech recognition.

      Best regards,

      Jaka Kravanja