Re: Hello I'm new :)

  • AT Murray
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5, 2007
      --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, ":P Not Telling"
      <marionuke@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I'm new to AI, and programming in general.
      > I joined cause I want to learn. I'm primarily
      > interested in AI for robotics.
      >
      > If anyone knows; what would be the best language
      > to write a robot's AI in, and could it handle
      > keeping up a conversation if given the right
      > commands to follow and ability to adapt?

      Forth is an excellent language for a robot's AI and for
      conversation in natural language processing (NLP).
      http://mind.sourceforge.net/mind4th.html is Mind.Forth,
      a free robot AI written in Win32Forth. It has a tutorial at
      http://mind.sourceforge.net/Mind.html in JavaScript.
      http://www.aimind-i.com is an offshoot of Mind.Forth on the Web.

      Hope this helps ;)

      Arthur
    • Mevada Jignesh
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 6, 2007
        I want to join cause I want to learn. I'm primarily
        interested in AI for robotics.

        AT Murray <mentifex@...> wrote: --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, ":P Not Telling"
        <marionuke@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I'm new to AI, and programming in general.
        > I joined cause I want to learn. I'm primarily
        > interested in AI for robotics.
        >
        > If anyone knows; what would be the best language
        > to write a robot's AI in, and could it handle
        > keeping up a conversation if given the right
        > commands to follow and ability to adapt?

        Forth is an excellent language for a robot's AI and for
        conversation in natural language processing (NLP).
        http://mind.sourceforge.net/mind4th.html is Mind.Forth,
        a free robot AI written in Win32Forth. It has a tutorial at
        http://mind.sourceforge.net/Mind.html in JavaScript.
        http://www.aimind-i.com is an offshoot of Mind.Forth on the Web.

        Hope this helps ;)

        Arthur

      • tomlahore
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 6, 2007
          <marionuke@...> wrote:

          > Hi, I'm new to AI, and programming in general. I joined cause I want
          > to learn. I'm primarily interested in AI for robotics.
          >
          > If anyone knows; what would be the best language to write a robot's AI
          > in, and could it handle keeping up a conversation if given the right
          > commands to follow and ability to adapt?

          Well, "walking" and "talking" are really two very different goals ;)

          For the robotics part you will probably be getting into some pretty
          heavy-duty algorithms (Kalman/Particle filters, etc...), so for that
          you'd want a compiled language, at least to do the math-intensive
          parts. I would recommend C/C++/C# for that.

          For the conversation part, no, there aren't yet any decent chatbots.
          If you are only interested in simple (non-adaptive) chatbot, look into
          something like AIML. If you are interested in more complexity, I
          would recommend something like LISP. Also, checkout the work of Doug
          Lenat and Cyc.

          Hope that helps.
        • David Handy
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 7, 2007
            --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, "AT Murray"
            <mentifex@...> wrote:

            > --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, ":P Not Telling"
            > <marionuke@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi, I'm new to AI, and programming in general.
            > > I joined cause I want to learn. I'm primarily
            > > interested in AI for robotics.
            > >
            > > If anyone knows; what would be the best language
            > > to write a robot's AI in, and could it handle
            > > keeping up a conversation if given the right
            > > commands to follow and ability to adapt?
            >
            > Forth is an excellent language for a robot's AI and for
            > conversation in natural language processing (NLP).
            > http://mind.sourceforge.net/mind4th.html is Mind.Forth,
            > a free robot AI written in Win32Forth. It has a tutorial at
            > http://mind.sourceforge.net/Mind.html in JavaScript.
            > http://www.aimind-i.com is an offshoot of Mind.Forth on the Web.
            >
            > Hope this helps ;)
            >
            > Arthur

            Awsome thanx
          • the_dude_2022
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 14, 2007
              You may want to take a look at my website to learn more about AI
              techniques www.bioneuralnets.org. I do research in using AI methods to
              train spinal cord simulations to control a biological/robotic arm.
              It's exciting stuff and I'm continuously adding content to the page. I
              am also making a page at www.ecpost.org as a general purpose site to
              post latest research in genetic and evolutionary computation, a
              popular sub-field of AI.

              Hope this helps :-)
            • Rahma
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 28, 2007
                Dear all,
                i'm beginner in AI and doing search on the search strategies (breath
                first , depth first,greedy ... etc) if any one could send me an
                implementation for these strategies i'll be grateful to examine my
                search efficiency I really need it as soon as possible

                your cooperation is highly appreciated

                thanks
                Rahma
              • Bart van Delft
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 29, 2007
                  What about wikipedia?

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth-first_search

                  It comes along with some pseudo-implementation, complexity,
                  explanation, i think you can make a good start there :-)

                  Regards, Bart