Hello I'm new :)

  • :P Not Telling
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5, 2007
      Hi, I'm new to AI, and programming in general. I joined cause I want
      to learn. I'm primarily interested in AI for robotics.

      If anyone knows; what would be the best language to write a robot's AI
      in, and could it handle keeping up a conversation if given the right
      commands to follow and ability to adapt?
    • AT Murray
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 5, 2007
        --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, ":P Not Telling"
        <marionuke@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I'm new to AI, and programming in general.
        > I joined cause I want to learn. I'm primarily
        > interested in AI for robotics.
        >
        > If anyone knows; what would be the best language
        > to write a robot's AI in, and could it handle
        > keeping up a conversation if given the right
        > commands to follow and ability to adapt?

        Forth is an excellent language for a robot's AI and for
        conversation in natural language processing (NLP).
        http://mind.sourceforge.net/mind4th.html is Mind.Forth,
        a free robot AI written in Win32Forth. It has a tutorial at
        http://mind.sourceforge.net/Mind.html in JavaScript.
        http://www.aimind-i.com is an offshoot of Mind.Forth on the Web.

        Hope this helps ;)

        Arthur
      • Mevada Jignesh
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 6, 2007
          I want to join cause I want to learn. I'm primarily
          interested in AI for robotics.

          AT Murray <mentifex@...> wrote: --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, ":P Not Telling"
          <marionuke@...> wrote:

          > Hi, I'm new to AI, and programming in general.
          > I joined cause I want to learn. I'm primarily
          > interested in AI for robotics.
          >
          > If anyone knows; what would be the best language
          > to write a robot's AI in, and could it handle
          > keeping up a conversation if given the right
          > commands to follow and ability to adapt?

          Forth is an excellent language for a robot's AI and for
          conversation in natural language processing (NLP).
          http://mind.sourceforge.net/mind4th.html is Mind.Forth,
          a free robot AI written in Win32Forth. It has a tutorial at
          http://mind.sourceforge.net/Mind.html in JavaScript.
          http://www.aimind-i.com is an offshoot of Mind.Forth on the Web.

          Hope this helps ;)

          Arthur

        • tomlahore
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 6, 2007
            <marionuke@...> wrote:

            > Hi, I'm new to AI, and programming in general. I joined cause I want
            > to learn. I'm primarily interested in AI for robotics.
            >
            > If anyone knows; what would be the best language to write a robot's AI
            > in, and could it handle keeping up a conversation if given the right
            > commands to follow and ability to adapt?

            Well, "walking" and "talking" are really two very different goals ;)

            For the robotics part you will probably be getting into some pretty
            heavy-duty algorithms (Kalman/Particle filters, etc...), so for that
            you'd want a compiled language, at least to do the math-intensive
            parts. I would recommend C/C++/C# for that.

            For the conversation part, no, there aren't yet any decent chatbots.
            If you are only interested in simple (non-adaptive) chatbot, look into
            something like AIML. If you are interested in more complexity, I
            would recommend something like LISP. Also, checkout the work of Doug
            Lenat and Cyc.

            Hope that helps.
          • David Handy
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 7, 2007
              --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, "AT Murray"
              <mentifex@...> wrote:

              > --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, ":P Not Telling"
              > <marionuke@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi, I'm new to AI, and programming in general.
              > > I joined cause I want to learn. I'm primarily
              > > interested in AI for robotics.
              > >
              > > If anyone knows; what would be the best language
              > > to write a robot's AI in, and could it handle
              > > keeping up a conversation if given the right
              > > commands to follow and ability to adapt?
              >
              > Forth is an excellent language for a robot's AI and for
              > conversation in natural language processing (NLP).
              > http://mind.sourceforge.net/mind4th.html is Mind.Forth,
              > a free robot AI written in Win32Forth. It has a tutorial at
              > http://mind.sourceforge.net/Mind.html in JavaScript.
              > http://www.aimind-i.com is an offshoot of Mind.Forth on the Web.
              >
              > Hope this helps ;)
              >
              > Arthur

              Awsome thanx
            • the_dude_2022
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 14, 2007
                You may want to take a look at my website to learn more about AI
                techniques www.bioneuralnets.org. I do research in using AI methods to
                train spinal cord simulations to control a biological/robotic arm.
                It's exciting stuff and I'm continuously adding content to the page. I
                am also making a page at www.ecpost.org as a general purpose site to
                post latest research in genetic and evolutionary computation, a
                popular sub-field of AI.

                Hope this helps :-)
              • Rahma
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 28, 2007
                  Dear all,
                  i'm beginner in AI and doing search on the search strategies (breath
                  first , depth first,greedy ... etc) if any one could send me an
                  implementation for these strategies i'll be grateful to examine my
                  search efficiency I really need it as soon as possible

                  your cooperation is highly appreciated

                  thanks
                  Rahma
                • Bart van Delft
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 29, 2007
                    What about wikipedia?

                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth-first_search

                    It comes along with some pseudo-implementation, complexity,
                    explanation, i think you can make a good start there :-)

                    Regards, Bart