Re: Prolog good language for AI?

  • predictorx
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2006
      --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, "coreyt1111"
      <coreyt1111@...> wrote:

      > Im just starting Prolog. I hear its good for AI, what do you guys think?

      It depends on what sort of programming is needed. Prolog is very good
      at some kinds of work and less good for others. Many machine learning
      solutions, for instance, involve a lot of math. I'd use MATLAB, for
      instance, instead of Prolog for them. I imagine that, today, most
      work labeled as "A.I." is being done in conventional programming
      languages: C, C++, Java, etc.

      -Will Dwinnell
      http://matlabdatamining.blogspot.com/