Prolog good language for AI?

  • coreyt1111
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2006
      Im just starting Prolog. I hear its good for AI, what do you guys think?
    • johnkoza1992
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 15, 2006
        yes Prolog is good language for AI and if you want to source code for
        AI applications see www.akademiyapayzeka.com

        --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, "coreyt1111"
        <coreyt1111@...> wrote:

        > Im just starting Prolog. I hear its good for AI, what do you guys think?

      • urs friend
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 21, 2006
          Sir/madam i like to learn Genetic programming from the begining plz suggest some good sites and good books ... i am very much thank ful to u....plz

        • predictorx
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2006
            <coreyt1111@...> wrote:

            > Im just starting Prolog. I hear its good for AI, what do you guys think?

            It depends on what sort of programming is needed. Prolog is very good
            at some kinds of work and less good for others. Many machine learning
            solutions, for instance, involve a lot of math. I'd use MATLAB, for
            instance, instead of Prolog for them. I imagine that, today, most
            work labeled as "A.I." is being done in conventional programming
            languages: C, C++, Java, etc.

            -Will Dwinnell
            http://matlabdatamining.blogspot.com/