GAUL - Genetic Algorithm Utility Library

  • Evandro Tanabe
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22, 2006
      Hello everyone!!

      I'm finishing my degree in Scientific Computing and 2 friends of mine (and
      me, of course) are working on a paper about Genetic Algorithm running on
      parallel environment.
      The point is: our paper was supposed to install, check and give a conclusion
      about the GAUL (If you don't know it - http://gaul.sourceforge.net/)
      The installation part was actually easy...
      Then we ran a copple of sample programs that come with the library and they
      worked fine.
      To complete the paper we are implementing a genetic solution for the TSP
      (Travelling Salesman Problem).
      Now that I need help:
      - Does anyone of you know where I can find test data and results for TSP?

      - GAUL comes with functions already implemented with mpi but not all
      process are parallel, actually only the fitness avaliation are. Then running
      our program in 2, 4 and 8 machines we got worse results than standalone.

      We could re-implement the function that comes with GAUL and finishing
      parallelise it, or we could try implementing another problema that the cost
      of fitness avaliation were heavier.
      The problem is that we don't have much time for finishing the paper, and we
      need to conclude it otherwise we don't get graduated...

      We have some experience with programming but this our first "adventure" on
      genetic and/or parallel programming

      Thanks a lot for your helping!!!

      []s,
    • carrotman.good
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2006
        Excuse me, please.
        On first arrival, I see that your word processor seems to be having
        problems, checking spelling etc.
        It distracts my attention and I suspect it casts some distraction for
        some other respondants, and I humbly suggest that correction to
        minute details will improve the acceptability of you formal paper.
        I look forward to seeing the successful acceptance of your finished
        collective work... carrotman.good

        --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, "Evandro Tanabe"