Re: [Artificial Intelligence Group] Genetic Algorithm Tutorials?

  • Paul F. Grayson
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2006
      Kevin and others list members,

      If you want to make something real, like Kevin does, perhaps you could make
      a big difference by joining my all-volunteer team. We are looking for a few
      good people, who can put in two or more hours a week in exchange for a share
      of the prize money.

      We are preparing vehicle(s) for the DARPA Urban Challenge and would like to
      have your help getting them ready for the race.

      This is our fifth year working on the DARPA Grand Challenge.

      Are you interested in helping?

      GO ROBOTS !
      Embroidered team jacket patches are available for $5 each, get one today!
      Team bumper stickers with our "Racing to build technology that saves
      soldier's lives." slogan, $2 each.

      Paul F. Grayson - Chief Engineer
      AMERICAN INDUSTRIAL MAGIC, LLC
      Racing to build technology that saves soldier's lives.
      390 4 Mile Road S.
      Traverse City, MI 49686-8411
      (231) 946-0187
      (231) 883-4463 cell
      pgrayson@...
      http://aimagic.org

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2006
        Dear all,
        Just to share with others what the GA's are all about can be
        easily found if you surf the following
        website:http://www.iitk.ac.in/kangal,infact this is the link to
        homepage of kanpur genetic algorithm lab at IIT Kanpur,I am one of
        its member.You shall find loads of fundamental papers in GA,one of
        which shall explain basic operators like
        mutation,crossover,etc.....real coded ga's ,binary coded ga's etc.
        Just feel free to come back to me ani time in case I can be of ani
        help.
        With regards,
        Nikhil

      • Kevin Konkle
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2006
          That would be great, but I do not yet have the skills you require, that's
          why I am looking for tutorials. Basically AI versions of the "Hello World"
          program many of us learned our programming skills with. I would only serve
          to take team member's time away as they guide and teach me what I need to
          know to contribute.

          I have the theory down, but have never applied it to a single program. I
          don't think the DARPA Grand Challenge is the best place to start. I'd hate
          to be the one who accidentally makes your vehicle try to run over every
          cactus it sees. :)

          /<evin

          _____

          pgrayson@aimagic. <mailto:pgrayson%40aimagic.org> org
          http://aimagic. <http://aimagic.org> org

          <http://www.sigmafinancial.com/> ancial.com/>
          <http://www.sammonssecurities.com/> ecurities.com/>
          > (P) 888-744-6264 x4816
          > (F) 734-205-3817

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Donald Jacques
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
            Sometimes you have to be ultra specific in the google search.
            Try again with the following: copy the text or type exactly-with quotes

            "genetic algorithm" tutorial

            It returned 194,000 for me. I looked at the first 20. Will try a few
            myself.

            Good luck!

            Don