Re: [Artificial Intelligence Group] Eliza - Computer Psychologist

  • Mirvin@optonline.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2006
      Devang,

      I wrote one in REXX. The prototype code I used came from a REXX Manual. My code is not a viable model for a student. I have been experimenting with concepts beyond Eliza. My plan is to merge Eliza, with Virtual Human and basic Speech Recognition (i.e. Yapanda) technology, with an Expert System Shell, and imbed the lot in an algebraic calculater of my own design that has the flexibility and power of APL/plus. For example, in the pure Eliza paradigm the only answer you can get to a question is "I ask the questions".

      /***************************************************************************/
      /* CMNDNAME: RexEliza ALL RIGHTS RESERVED */
      /* FUNCTION: Carry out person to person conversation with a virtual person.*/
      /* DATEMADE: 05/09/2005 */
      /* DESIGNER: Marc Vincent Irvin (MVI) */
      /* CODEBASE: Inspired by code in "Programming In REXX",Charles Daney, P136.*/
      /* Also helped by ... */
      /* TELECALL: Home 203 327-4361 */
      /* INTERNET: Mirvin@... */
      /* FREEWARE: Available for distribution, 2nd party sale prohibited by law. */
      /* COPYRITE: COPYRIGHT(C) 2005 Move Immediate Software, U.S.A. */
      /* OTHERREX: RexxSort Rexlotto RexxSort RexCrypt RexxChng RexQueue RexxRefs*/
      /* RexMatch RexRules RexxMaps RexxCase RexxFTPX RexSpeak RexxLite RexClips*/
      /***************************************************************************/

      C:\mvi>mvispace
      SPACE - Reloaded 1 VARS and 4 LOGS from PROFILE.
      SPACE work PROFILE has started!
      X;
      Who do I love?
      Did you forget, I ask the questions.
      X;
      Who do I love?
      How should I know who you love.
      X;
      I love my wife Doris Ann Irvin.
      Tell me more about your wife.
      X;
      I love her because she is with me through thick and thin. \ I love Doris because she is lo
      ves God like I do.
      Tell me something you want.
      X;
      I want to own a Hummer2.
      What does having to own a Hummer2 mean to you?
      X;
      It means properity and status.
      Tell me something you play.
      X;
      I play chess, backgammon, and checkers.
      How does playing chess, backgammon, and checkers make you feel?
      X;
      I feel happy and smart.
      Why is it happy and smart?
      X;
      What do I play?
      You play with the TV remote control.
      X;
      What do I love?
      You love God, you love your wife, and you love your work.
      X;
      Why do I love God?
      I do not recall anything, so tell me why you love God.
      X;
      I love God because he has granted me salvation and life everlasting.
      Do you feel any better now?
      X;
      Yes.
      Good for you.
      X;
      Why do I love God?
      You love God because he has granted you salvation and life everlasting.
      X;
      Who do I love?
      I don't know, so you tell me who you love.
      X;
      I love whoever loves me back, and I love those who do not love me back.
      Tell me more about that.
      X;
      Who do I love?
      You love whoever loves you back, and you love those who do not love you back.
      X;
      When will you stop trying to make this system?
      You tell me when.
      X;
      'dir unknown_person.liz
      Volume in drive C has no label.
      Volume Serial Number is 488B-B08E

      Directory of C:\mvi

      10/12/2005 12:07 AM 3,016 unknown_person.liz
      1 File(s) 3,016 bytes
      0 Dir(s) 27,238,760,448 bytes free
      X;
      I love just about everybody.
      Please go on.
      X;
      I will give thirty-five dollars to Joy Brown.
      Tell me something you love.
      X;
      What will I give?
      You will give 35.00 dollars to Joy Brown.
      X;
      I do loan five dollars and fifty cents to that guy every time he sees me.
      Please go on.
      X;
      What do I loan?
      You do loan 5.50 dollars to that guy every time he sees you.
      X;
      exit
      SPACE work PROFILE has ended!

      Marc Vincent Irvin - Security Administration
      Pitney Bowes Inc. 421-3422 or 203 739-3422
      Pitney Bowes Fax. 421-3590 or 203 739-3590
      Stamford Home Tel. 203 327-4361
      Personal Cell Phone 203 820-3013

      Devang <devang17@...>
      Sent by: artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com
      04/21/2006 03:15 AM
      Please respond to
      artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com

      artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com
      cc

      Subject
      [Artificial Intelligence Group] Eliza - Computer Psychologist

      Hi All,

      I am a student of Master Of Computer Science (ECU Australia).

      I am working on an assignment and am required to make Eliza - Computer
      Psychologist.

      Does anyone knows how to start writing the program. Actually I am
      required to make a simple program.
      If any one of you have attempted to write the program please show me
      the code so that i can start writing. I am required to use SWI-Prolog
      for the assignment.

      regards,
      Devang

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Mirvin@optonline.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26, 2006
        Devang,

        I forgot to mention Peter Plantec's book. It is a great example of Eliza tech's Turing solution on steroids.

        /* CODEBASE: Inspired by code in "Programming In REXX",Charles Daney, P136.*/
        /* Also Inspired by chapters in Peter Plantec's book titled */
        /* "Virtual Humans" published by Amacom Press. */