Re: Chatterbox

  • dachessdude
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 2006
      The source code isn't really that complicated (it's bascially just a
      regular expression pattern match and a few "Like" statements in SQL
      Server 2005). You can get the basis for this type of code from Eliza

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA (lots of variations and some
      source code in the links there)

      Reasoning is a *MUCH* more complicated affair. Cyc is probably the
      closest right now using "common sense" rules. For mine I'm hoping to
      add hueristics as I go along. The main thing (and you'll find this
      is true with all chatterboxes) is getting the corpus of data. That's
      why I made mine open to the public to add rules. (The link is in my
      post below, I've been shameless enough with the plugs). You, and
      everyone else, are of course welcome to add as many rules as you
      like. The more rules/responses, the stronger the program becomes..
      at least in theory.

      Are there really 1700+ members to this group? WOW!!! I didn't
      realize how much of an old timer I was. I joined the day after it
      started... July of 1999!

      Do they make a 7 year pin for nerds? Just askin' ;-)

      David

      --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, Christian M